Windows 10: notepad

Discus and support notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change the font size on a document created in notepad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChuckK1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ChuckK1 Win User

notepad

How do I change the font size on a document created in notepad.

:)

ChuckK1, Aug 11, 2019

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2019
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

notepad

1. notepad - Similar Threads - notepad

2. Some downloaded photos show as Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some downloaded photos show as Notepad: Until two or three days ago, any photo opened with Photos. Two or three days ago, some photos are being displayed as Notepad and others are opening with Photos. I would like them all to open with Photos, as they have to be separated into folders and moved onto flash drives...
  3. Notepad .log file on my desktop (can't find anywhere else) and it popped up on the 19th i...

Notepad .log file on my desktop (can't find anywhere else) and it popped up on the 19th i...: File name: debug Cover: default .txt icon Contents: [0819/124823.974:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(182)] ResumeThread: The parameter is incorrect. (0x57) [0819/124824.004:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(151)] SuspendThread: Access is denied. (0x5) What is this? Please respond...
  4. Notepad .txt file on my desktop (can't find anywhere else) and it popped up on the 19th i...

Notepad .txt file on my desktop (can't find anywhere else) and it popped up on the 19th i...: File name: debug Cover: default .txt icon Contents: [0819/124823.974:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(182)] ResumeThread: The parameter is incorrect. (0x57) [0819/124824.004:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(151)] SuspendThread: Access is denied. (0x5) What is this? Please respond...
  5. Notepad 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad 1903: Hello! How can i install the newtest version for the Notepad 1903 ? 138824
  6. Microsoft moves Notepad to the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft moves Notepad to the Microsoft Store: The plain text editor Notepad has been turned into a Microsoft Store application in the latest preview builds of the next major feature update for Windows 10, version 20H1. Notepad is certainly not the first core Windows program that Microsoft turned into a Store application...
  7. Notepad 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notepad 1903: Hello! How can i install the newtest version for the Notepad 1903 ? 138824
  8. Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?

in Cortana
    Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?: | | | +___ Hi, Members of the "Microsoft Answers" Community. | +___ We would like first to thank all of the Teams of Moderators of this Web-Site for enabling us to post again on it. Although Profiles Merging is not possible yet on it, we are Quite Proud that we are again able...
  9. Microsoft will now update Notepad via Microsoft Store in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will now update Notepad via Microsoft Store in Windows 10: Notepad has been a well-loved text editor in Windows for over 30 years. Over the last few releases, we’ve been making a number of small improvements to Notepad based on your feedback (including expanded line ending support, wrap around search, and indicating when there’s...
  10. Microsoft plans to update Notepad on Windows 10 via Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to update Notepad on Windows 10 via Store: Starting with Windows 10 20H1, the legacy Notepads app will shed its dependence on Windows 10 updates. In a new announcement, Microsoft confirmed that Notepad app will be updated more frequently from the Store and it won’t rely on new versions of Windows. Windows 10 Build...