Windows 10: Nothing but wallpaper displays when I open the PC

Discus and support Nothing but wallpaper displays when I open the PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Few days ago I have upgraded Windows 10. On welcome screen becomes with only wallpaper. what is to do. Pl.suggest me * Original title: WINDOWS 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BASUDEB&BANERJEE, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Nothing but wallpaper displays when I open the PC

Few days ago I have upgraded Windows 10. On welcome screen becomes with only wallpaper. what is to do. Pl.suggest me

* Original title: WINDOWS 10

:)

BASUDEB&BANERJEE, Aug 8, 2019

2. Wallpaper with multiple monitors

Hi Bandalo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to select different wallpaper for each display in Extend display mode.

There might be some issues with system files or viruses, which is not allowing you to select different wallpapers

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open Run command.
    • In Run window type devmgmt.msc.
    • Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.
    • Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Method 2: Please try to run SFC Scan on your computer to check all system files are working fine or not.

In order to run System File Checker (SFC) you can follow the steps provided in the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

After completion of this scan please restart computer and then check the status of your computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 8, 2019
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Aug 8, 2019
  4. Nothing but wallpaper displays when I open the PC

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Nothing but wallpaper displays when I open the PC

1. Nothing but wallpaper displays when I open the PC - Similar Threads - Nothing wallpaper displays

2. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nothing is opening in pc except browser.: i was following a tutorial online to fix my window not updated but i mistakenly made some changes in registry editor, now nothing in my pc is opening except browser, whenever i try to run scan or something it says access denied, when i try to open file explorer it says window...
  3. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nothing is opening in pc except browser.: i was following a tutorial online to fix my window not updated but i mistakenly made some changes in registry editor, now nothing in my pc is opening except browser, whenever i try to run scan or something it says access denied, when i try to open file explorer it says window...
  4. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I open Microsoft store nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I open Microsoft store nothing happens: When I open Microsoft store nothing happens It has been like that for about a few months and I still cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-microsoft-store-nothing-happens/d62471ab-c4db-4f28-ac0f-84d2c5da08d3
  6. When I open Microsoft store nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Microsoft store nothing happens: When I open Microsoft store nothing happens It has been like that for about a few months and I still cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-microsoft-store-nothing-happens/d62471ab-c4db-4f28-ac0f-84d2c5da08d3
  7. When I open Microsoft store nothing happens

8. Your Phone app on PC displays nothing

Your Phone app on PC displays nothing: In short, the app appears to load and it seems I've successfully linked my phone, but I can't actually do anything in the app. There's nothing to click. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've got no clue what the problem is. I've tried resetting the app several times, to no avail. I've...
  9. PC using 8 GB of ram when nothing is open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC using 8 GB of ram when nothing is open: I'm using windows 10 Pro 2004 edition, I have 16 gb of ram. Even when nothing is open, I am always using 8 GB of ram, how do I fix this. Please tell me if you need more information. Thanks in advance for the help! submitted by /u/Poll_astre [link] [comments]...
  10. PC Lights Up But Displays Nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Lights Up But Displays Nothing: I went to turn on my PC today and it lit up, but displayed nothing on the monitor. I use my monitor as a tv also and i made sure to switch to tv mode and it was working fine there. Back in PC mode, The mouse will light up but the keyboard does not. I also tried resetting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing but wallpapers