Windows 10: Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge

Discus and support Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I got a new computer and whenever I try to access anything that isn't Edge it won't work. This includes Steam and Google Chrome. It is Really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tubeulous, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Tubeulous Win User

Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge

So I got a new computer and whenever I try to access anything that isn't Edge it won't work. This includes Steam and Google Chrome. It is Really annoying as I can not use anything except Edge. I tried using netsh commands (as a administrator) but to no avail. Did anyone have a similar problem, if so how did you fix it? If not, can someone PLEASE help me.

:)

Tubeulous, Feb 12, 2019

2. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Feb 12, 2019
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge

1. Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge - Similar Threads - Nothing connect internet

2. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing can open except folders: Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it dosen't work. except folders and exe'sHere's a test video I made to show: https://streamable.com/p4ayp0...
  3. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing can open except folders: Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it dosen't work. except folders and exe'sHere's a test video I made to show: https://streamable.com/p4ayp0...
  4. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Connected to Internet but nothing loads

Connected to Internet but nothing loads: So I was playing mc and running discord, connected to the internet through Ethernet when suddenly my display froze and nothing responded. So I forced shut down and booted it back up thinking it'll be fine. But when i loaded discord it said 'retry..' , opendes chrome to...
  6. Nothing connects to internet except browsers

Nothing connects to internet except browsers: Hi, I am running Windows 10 and the wifi indicates it is connected and webpages load on both chrome and edge, however no other app connects to internet, not even Windows Update. Other apps that don't connect are Epic Games, Steam, and Nvidia GeForce client. Help will be...
  7. Windows Update /edge /nothing works or connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update /edge /nothing works or connect to the internet: Hello I have a ThinkPad T430 and I did an updgrade of windows Version from 7 to 10 since then my Edge doesn't connect to the internet windows update doesn't work windodws security defender doesn't work the sound doresn't work doesn't reconize the pilote. I have tried to...
  8. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  9. Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped

Connected to WiFi, but no Internet connection, nothing helped: Hi, My computer shows that I have WiFi connection and that I am connected to the Internet, however I am not able to load any web pages. When I run problem solver tool, it either finds 'bad gateway problem' and fixes it, or doesn't find anything at all. Then the internet...
  10. Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge

Firewall blocking most internet connectivity, except MS Edge: I installed the most recent Win 10 update, and now have the most odd issue that I can't figure out. Windows Defender firewall seems to block everything except Windows Edge, from within my private home network When the firewall is on: Firefox and Chrome do not work at all....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing can connect to the internet except microsoft

2. nothing but edge connects to internet