Windows 10: Nothing can open except folders

Discus and support Nothing can open except folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex​_1, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Alex​_1 Win User

Nothing can open except folders

Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it dosen't work. except folders and exe'sHere's a test video I made to show: https://streamable.com/p4ayp0

:)

Alex​_1, Jan 22, 2022
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 23, 2022
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Nothing can open except folders

Can't open folders on desktop

Hello David,

System file corruption is one of the possible causes of this issue. For us to isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to open folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article and follow the
    steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Nothing can open except folders

1. Nothing can open except folders - Similar Threads - Nothing open except

2. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nothing is opening in pc except browser.: i was following a tutorial online to fix my window not updated but i mistakenly made some changes in registry editor, now nothing in my pc is opening except browser, whenever i try to run scan or something it says access denied, when i try to open file explorer it says window...
  3. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nothing is opening in pc except browser.: i was following a tutorial online to fix my window not updated but i mistakenly made some changes in registry editor, now nothing in my pc is opening except browser, whenever i try to run scan or something it says access denied, when i try to open file explorer it says window...
  4. nothing is opening in pc except browser.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing can open except folders: Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it dosen't work. except folders and exe'sHere's a test video I made to show: https://streamable.com/p4ayp0...
  6. Nothing can open except folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nothing can open except folders: Hi,I don't know how this happened, but this has been going on for about a week or so.When trying to open any mp3, png, jpg or anything in general, it dosen't work. except folders and exe'sHere's a test video I made to show: https://streamable.com/p4ayp0...
  7. Nothing opens on windows except for a few applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing opens on windows except for a few applications: Hello, I recently moved some files from my SSD C drive to my Hard Drive D Drive to add space to my C drive. After that I tried adding ram to realize its not the right size of ram. Then when turning on my computer nothing opened, Discord, Steam, and other apps. So I tried...
  8. nothing opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nothing opening: I'm having problems opening apps and basically everything I cant even fully reset my pc I've done everything there is related to my problem but I cant even open apps to I cant fix them. When I click open it takes about 4 minutes to open, but it doesn't even open a text...
  9. Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nothing can connect to the internet except Edge: So I got a new computer and whenever I try to access anything that isn't Edge it won't work. This includes Steam and Google Chrome. It is Really annoying as I can not use anything except Edge. I tried using netsh commands (as a administrator) but to no avail. Did anyone have...
  10. Nothing opens except file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing opens except file explorer: Hi guys new to this all but just got so desperate I had to sign up to ask. I've had windows 10 since November and just today it's been playing up. None of the apps open - they display a message "element not found" for explorer exe or for other things like chrome, ms word you...