Windows 10: Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives

Discus and support Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to listen to some music this morning, but Windows Explorer didn't detect my CD/DVD Drive. My BIOS, Belarc Advisor and Hardware and Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenPlunkett, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives

I tried to listen to some music this morning, but Windows Explorer didn't detect my CD/DVD Drive. My BIOS, Belarc Advisor and Hardware and Sound Control Panel not detect it either. It certainly has power. I haven't checked it's motherboard connection. Is there anything I should try before I open up my computer case?

:)

StephenPlunkett, Dec 6, 2020

2. CD/DVD drive (ENothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Optical Drive (CD/DVD) not detected by Windows 10

I know this has been asked in the community many times already by others, and i have tried all of those fixes. Nothing works for me. My laptop is a new Lenovo e560. The cd/dvd drive is detected in the BIOS - can even boot with another bootable DVD.

Steps already tried:

• LowerFilters & UpperFilters strings removed from under registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and rebooted the laptop.

• Added Controller0 key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\ and added a DWORD
      EnumDevice1 with value 1, and rebooted the laptop.

• In Device Manager, clicked View->Show Hidden Objects, expanded the
      DVD/CDROM Devices and uninstalled my DVD drive from the list. It never got detected or installed after a reboot - it's gone now, cannot see it anymore.

• In Device Manager, expanded IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. But the only thing here is
      Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI controller. There is nothing else there - no ATA Channel 0 or ATA Channel 1 (things that have been suggested to be deleted on other posts regarding this issue). So I uninstalled
      the SATA AHCI controller and rebooted. It just reinstalled it automatically. But no CD/DVD drive yet.

• In Device Manager, scanned for new hardware.

• And yes, I already ran the Hardware Troubleshooter.

I've gotten these above steps from the following posts:

Those helped a lot of people (try those first if you are having the same issue). But as you can guess none of those steps helped me, hence creation of this post.

TousifSaleh, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives

1. Nothing Detects my CD/DVD Drives - Similar Threads - Nothing Detects DVD

2. CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  3. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I can't find the D drive or a cd/dvd drive on my hp laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/1b318ed9-49d2-466a-a7f0-9983b5cec98d
  4. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  5. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  6. Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc: I believe there is a problem with my DVD/Cd drive not detecting my blank CD-R I am trying to burn a back up to CD from Windows Media Player But when I put my blank cd in it doesn't see it Same goes for trying to play a cd too I have tried with iTunes...same problem....
  7. CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO NOT WORKING OPEN THE DOOR INPUT A CD AND NOTHING HAPPENED THE CD/DVD...

CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO NOT WORKING OPEN THE DOOR INPUT A CD AND NOTHING HAPPENED THE CD/DVD...: THE CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO DOES NOTHING WHEN I PUT A CDC/DVD IN CONTROL PANEL CAN'T FIND THE CD/DVD ICON THE DRIVER IS UP TO DATE. TROUBLESHOOTING RESULTS OK this started when I downloaded Window 10. I test the drive and it showed that it is functional in device manager they are...
  8. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD Drive: I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling and...
  9. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected: I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they...
  10. No CD/DVD drive

No CD/DVD drive: After installing Microsofts Windows 10 upgrade I have found that it does not see my CD/DVD drive, I did have this problem once before with Windows 7 but was able to download a program from Microsoft called MrFixit.dvd.exe, when I tried running the software it reported that my...