Windows 10: Nothing happened after windows 10 install

Discus and support Nothing happened after windows 10 install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I was lazy and decided to download the mediacreationtool to get windows 10 instead of waiting for Microsoft to finally tell me when I can get it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HELP ME, Aug 1, 2015.

1. HELP ME Win User

Nothing happened after windows 10 install

So I was lazy and decided to download the mediacreationtool to get windows 10 instead of waiting for Microsoft to finally tell me when I can get it. (This is after they released it by the way)
    I selected update now and everything seemed fine but after it said checking for updates, a rectangle on my desktop appeared saying installing windows 10 but it randomly disappeared.
    So I reset but nothing happened please help.

:)

HELP ME, Aug 1, 2015
  2. mjlee101 Win User

Windows 10: Nothing happened after I clicked "Upgrade this PC now"

I got tired of waiting for the email that my Windows 10 upgrade was ready. I found in the Upgrade FAQ that I could initiate a download of Windows 10 myself. I followed the steps to Download the Tool, selecting the 64-bit version. The next step was:

Run the Tool.

• If you're upgrading this PC, select Upgrade this PC now, and then follow the rest of the instructions to finish the upgrade.
    I clicked the radio button to "Upgrade this PC now", but the dialog box went away and there were no further instructions.

What should I do now?

Thanks for any help.

- - - - - - - - UPDATE on Sep-10-2015 - - - - -

Since this forum doesn't allow me to mark my own reply as being an Answer, I moved my reply to this original post

ANSWER: I finally got the windows 10 download from
    the download page
    . Instead of selecting "Upgrade this PC", I chose the option to install to a different PC. This allowed me to download the files to a USB drive. I then ran the install from the USB drive.

mjlee101, Aug 1, 2015
  3. mjlee101 Win User
    Windows 10: Nothing happened after I clicked "Upgrade this PC now"

Is this a joke? You sent me back to the same page that I quoted.

-mj lee

mjlee101, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Nothing happened after windows 10 install

1. Nothing happened after windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Nothing happened install

2. Download and nothing happen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download and nothing happen: I have strange issues in store where I can download application but after the installation and I close the MS Store the app will not be on the list of download apps. I tried different apps to test but got the same result. I checked on the library as well it is not showing...
  3. Installed windows 11 but nothing happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed windows 11 but nothing happened: when i checked for updates in my settings it said my device is compatible with windows 11. it had an install button and i clicked it. it installed the updated and after i restarted nothing happened. eeverything is the same. same windows 10. what should id do...
  4. Installed windows 11 but nothing happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed windows 11 but nothing happened: when i checked for updates in my settings it said my device is compatible with windows 11. it had an install button and i clicked it. it installed the updated and after i restarted nothing happened. eeverything is the same. same windows 10. what should id do...
  5. Installed windows 11 but nothing happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Netflix after click install button nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix after click install button nothing happens: Netflix after click install button nothing happens Ukraine version of store Any other apps installs as expected. Win 10 updated and rebooted after. What i have already tried: 1 Reset app 2 Run Troubleshooting 3 Clear cache via WIN+R->wsreset.exe 4 Sign out / Sign in...
  7. Search the web and Windows is not working in Windows 10 after clicking nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search the web and Windows is not working in Windows 10 after clicking nothing happens: Hello I have updated an ASUS laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with the CreationTools from Microsoft and everything works fine, but when I click in the field "Search the web and Windows" of the taskbar, the field is like blocked, the cursor do not blink and you cannot...
  8. Nothing happens after inputting password

in Browsers and Email
    Nothing happens after inputting password: I have upgraded my HP4300 desktop pc the other day and all appears to have gone fine with the exception of one website that I cannot access either with Edge or Chrome. It is the Totesport.com site. I input my user name and then put in my password, hit enter and nothing...
  9. I download and Install Windows 10, But nothing happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I download and Install Windows 10, But nothing happens: I've done this many times now. I download the Windows 10 update. Then it says Windows 10 is ready to Install. I Install it. It does its thing, Restarts, and the computer starts up still using Windows 8.1. Then I'm back to square 1. Why is this happening. I've tried...
  10. Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens: Any to fix this? I click on settings and nothing happens 5469