Windows 10: Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

Discus and support Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10? If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by M. Hamer, Feb 12, 2020.

1. M. Hamer Win User

Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10?

If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click on the link toActivate by phone, nothing happens. Also, if I try to activate Windows 10 by opening a command prompt and typing theSLUI 4 command, nothing happens, and Windows is not activated.

:)

M. Hamer, Feb 12, 2020

2. Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Feb 12, 2020
  3. steelkane Win User
    How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7

Step 1: Right click on Desktop

Step 2: Click create folder.

Step 3: Name your sparkly, new folder GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and press enter.

Step 4: Blink as the folder changes form to look like the control panel Icon

steelkane, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

1. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon - Similar Threads - Nothing happens clicking

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  4. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  6. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i click on start windows icon nothing happens: I cannot get to windows settings, is there away to reload windows 10I bought this computer from Walmart and it didnt come with a windows 10 diskAny help would be great...
  7. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i click on start windows icon nothing happens: I cannot get to windows settings, is there away to reload windows 10I bought this computer from Walmart and it didnt come with a windows 10 diskAny help would be great...
  8. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Netflix after click install button nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix after click install button nothing happens: Netflix after click install button nothing happens Ukraine version of store Any other apps installs as expected. Win 10 updated and rebooted after. What i have already tried: 1 Reset app 2 Run Troubleshooting 3 Clear cache via WIN+R->wsreset.exe 4 Sign out / Sign in...
  10. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...