Windows 10: Nothing happens when i click on Quick scan in Windows Defender.

Discus and support Nothing happens when i click on Quick scan in Windows Defender. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,so when i try to do a quick scan on my PC nothing happens.Also when i go to Windows Security tab there is nothing there,only text at the top... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BalsaCrepulja, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Nothing happens when i click on Quick scan in Windows Defender.

Hello,so when i try to do a quick scan on my PC nothing happens.Also when i go to Windows Security tab there is nothing there,only text at the top saying Security at glance,and empty white space bellow it.

My windows is updated to the latest version,please somebody help!!

:)

BalsaCrepulja, Jan 17, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Quick Scan question

I just did a quick scan on my computer, when it was done in notifications area got message: Windows Defender scanned your PC At 1:42:10 on 2/28/2017 and took action against malicious software, but the windows defender screen said: Scan completed no threats
    detected during this scan. There is nothing listed in the history either, what does this mean?

JeanAnneSchmidt, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Nothing happens when i click on Quick scan in Windows Defender.

Windows Defender quick scan fails to complete

When I try to employ a "Quick Scan" procedure in Defender, the scan progress indicator, coloured green, stops half way and does not complete.

The files scanned number continues the count as if it is doing a full scan.

My Windows 10 updates are correct as our the virus definitions etc.

Any suggestions on why the "quick" scan fails to complete?

Thanks

[Original title: Windows 10 Defender]

Tony Lawrence, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Nothing happens when i click on Quick scan in Windows Defender.

1. Nothing happens when i click on Quick scan in Windows Defender. - Similar Threads - Nothing happens click

2. Clipboard - when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard - when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears: I take a snip of an item and it goes to my clipboard. The only options the clipboard gives me is 'delete', 'pin' or 'clear all'. there is no option to paste or save the image. What do I need to do? when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears. I...
  3. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?: I run Windows 10 on this computer . . . I use Yahoo Mail, to send and receive, my email. Lately.this computer, is running so S-L-O-W. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens? It's happens that way for most shortcuts on my desktop. I know you will say, I have two...
  4. Nothing Happens When Search is Clicked in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Nothing Happens When Search is Clicked in Windows 10: I have four different computers exhibiting this same behavior. All have exhibited this problem since upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The one I am currently using is Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Build 18362.418. When I click the Search icon (magnifying glass)...
  5. when i click burn(to a dvd in windows 10) nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i click burn(to a dvd in windows 10) nothing happens?: when i click burn(to a dvd in windows 10) nothing happens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/when-i-click-burnto-a-dvd-in-windows-10-nothing/cc81f1d9-e5f0-42ce-b8d9-ad463a85d141
  6. Windows Defender - Quick Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Quick Scan: Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option. My options are: Scan Advanced Scan Full Scan Custom Scan Windows Defender Offline scan Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete. Is a quick scan available? How do I restore this...
  7. "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it

in Windows 10 Support
    "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it: Sorry for the repeat post but I tried to clarify the title of this post and the change wouldn't stick. The title didn't make much sense after I read what I had posted. Mods please delete the other thread. Sorry and Thanks. Here is my issue. I guess I am having issues with...
  8. Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps: Tried both Edge and Chrome browsers as default. Hyperlinks work properly from progs, as they should, but nothing happens when I try to click on links from Apps. Seems like the new start menu has some hyperlinks and nothing happens when I click them: [img] Red boxes...
  9. I click upgrade, but nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I click upgrade, but nothing happens?: I am running 8.1 pro 64 bit. I click the icon at the bottom, it says "this pc is compatible" and I click upgrade. I click continue and it checks for updates. None are found. No updates are hidden. I have read and seem to have all necessary updated already installed. Why would...
  10. Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens: Any to fix this? I click on settings and nothing happens 5469

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick scan does nothing