Windows 10: Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50

Discus and support Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo P50 laptop (i7-6820HQ , 16GB, FPR sensor). running Windows 10 - 21H1 In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gmatj, May 31, 2021.

1. gmatj Win User

Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50

I have a Lenovo P50 laptop (i7-6820HQ , 16GB, FPR sensor). running Windows 10 - 21H1 In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint (which is enabled-not grayed out) nothing happens. For your reference : a) Synaptics driver installed correctly and updated to latest version - Lenovo Diagnostics reports working fine. b) There is no green light in the FPR sensor at any time c) System Updates are up to date from both Lenovo and Microsoft d) have also run System File Checker tool and DISM to check for system file corruption with no problems found. I have tried many so called fixes as : a) remove PIN and create a new one - Fingerprint setup still did not work - Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens. b) Create new user account (both options administrator and normal user) - The problem persisted -Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens c) Have run Troubleshooter on Hardware and devices on the control panel- Report everything Ok - could not find any problems. d) Reset fingerprint sensor data from BIOS - Well it did not solve the problem still Click "Set up" button on fingerprint -> nothing happens e) Also in Group Policy editor made sure that in COmputer configuration->Adminidtrative Templates->Windows Components->Biometrics Allow use of Biometrics is allowed / enabled for both local and domain users f) TPM (trusted platform module) reset - No luck g) Have deleted all data from Ngc folder - No Luck h) deleted biometrics data in C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase - No Luck My wild guess is that there must be Windows related issue/problem . My sincere thanks go in advance to everybody who will take the time and effort to read and propose a solution George

:)

gmatj, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50

1. Nothing happens when I click SETUP FINGERPRINT in Sign-in (LENOVO P50 - Similar Threads - Nothing happens click

2. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens: OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, - Microsoft CommunityI have this same problem and what you have suggested doesnt work. One thing to note is that when I try to re-install from the link you sent it wont let me as say can only have 32 bit...
  3. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens: OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, - Microsoft CommunityI have this same problem and what you have suggested doesnt work. One thing to note is that when I try to re-install from the link you sent it wont let me as say can only have 32 bit...
  4. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  5. Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up"

Microsoft Editor - Nothing happens when I click "sign in or sign up": I've just installed the Microsoft Editor extension on Edge and I want to sign in. However, nothing happens when I click "Sign in or sign up." Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks!...
  6. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.: OneDrive icon on taskbar shows "Not signed in" cloud icon shows with a line across it. When I click on the icon, the following window opens, asking me to sign in. But when I click to sign in, the window closes, and nothing happens. It doesn't let me sign in....
  7. OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.

OneDrive icon shows "Not signed in," and when I click to sign in, nothing happens.: OneDrive icon on taskbar shows "Not signed in" cloud icon shows with a line across it. When I click on the icon, the following window opens, asking me to sign in. But when I click to sign in, the window closes, and nothing happens. It doesn't let me sign in....
  8. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  9. LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    LENOVO W540-Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT: Hello everybody I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10. In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint...
  10. LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LENOVO W540 - Nothing happens when I click on "Set up" under FINGERPRINT in Sign-in Options...: Hello everybody I have a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 32GB, FPR sensor, Pantone colorimeter) and I just upgraded to Windows 10. In Hello setup I created PIN and then I tried to create fingerprint. (Accounts / Sign-in Options) When I click "Set up" button below fingerprint...