Windows 10: Nothing happens when I try to execute a vbs program

Discus and support Nothing happens when I try to execute a vbs program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I had a program in visual basic script which I used under Win 8.1 (from which upgraded) to set a daily restore point. I've discovered that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Sep 3, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Nothing happens when I try to execute a vbs program

Hi, I had a program in visual basic script which I used under Win 8.1 (from which upgraded) to set a daily restore point.

I've discovered that nothing happens when I double click it.

I understand vbscript is implemented in Win 10 and the dll is present.

Any ideas? Thanks!

:)

dalchina, Sep 3, 2015

2. Nothing happens when I try to sync...

I have a 3710 Fold and am unable to do a synchronization using the PC Suite. Although I can connect with a USB cable or Bluetooth and can manage my contacts and calendars on the phone, when I click on the synchronization icon absolutely nothing happens.
    It seems to be inactive or dead. I have a high-end PC with Windows 7 (64-bit). Thanks for your help!

bill616---01, Sep 3, 2015
  3. satari---01, Sep 3, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

I'd better add I've added a scheduled task using the MS schedule for restore points- my question is thus about vbs. Thanks!

dalchina, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    I have also upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and for me VBS scripts are working.

As a first step, you could try running a simple "Hello world" script to see, if executing such scripts is generally working for you.

Joergi, Sep 3, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi Joergi, thanks, can confirm a simple script works.

The problem seems to be running one that creates a restore point. I have the one I used for ages, and am now wondering if it's a matter of admin rights.

I've just tried a script I found and created a .vbs file, but it gives an access denied message. Creating a shortcut to it doesn't offer the option to run as admin.

On the other hand, there's no error message from my old script file - which happens to be one of Brink's!

dalchina, Sep 3, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ok, problem solved, somewhat by random. I found another script including a couple of useful popup messages, and that worked.

It would seem that for whatever reason Brink's script that worked on Win 8.1 doesn't work on Win 10.

So here's the one that does:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-ee58a9233e61

dalchina, Sep 3, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

- & there's a good reason why the original script doesn't work in Win 10- 'cos it only does something for XP to 8...! Should've looked. Ah well..

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Nothing happens when I try to execute a vbs program - Similar Threads - Nothing happens try

2. When I open Microsoft store nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I open Microsoft store nothing happens: When I open Microsoft store nothing happens It has been like that for about a few months and I still cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-microsoft-store-nothing-happens/d62471ab-c4db-4f28-ac0f-84d2c5da08d3
  3. VBS Script executing whenever im idle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VBS Script executing whenever im idle: Something went by my antivirus and is executing a VBS script every time I turn my PC to sleep mode. I deleted the vbs script that's executing it but then there's another VBS script trying to execute it and I cant find it. How do I find this VBS script?...
  4. VBS Script executing whenever im idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS Script executing whenever im idle: Something went by my antivirus and is executing a VBS script every time I turn my PC to sleep mode. I deleted the vbs script that's executing it but then there's another VBS script trying to execute it and I cant find it. How do I find this VBS script?...
  5. VBS Script executing whenever im idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Nothing happens when I click on Fujitsu ScanSnap Home installer/executable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens when I click on Fujitsu ScanSnap Home installer/executable Windows 10: Hi all,I called Fujitsu support and they said that it is a Windows problem. I tried following the tips in the following post including turning off antivirus and trying different compatibility modes but it didn’t...
  7. Why does nothing happen when I try to import my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does nothing happen when I try to import my...: I have my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office key saved and want to import it. Nothing happens when I do. I tried taking ownership and giving myself permission of the key but same problem. Why does nothing happen? Here is the key...
  8. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  9. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  10. Can't run setup.exe for an investment software update. nothing happens when executed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run setup.exe for an investment software update. nothing happens when executed: I work for an IT MSP company and am trying to assist a client that needs to update her investment software. The software is FIS investments. When I extract the zip and run setup.exe, nothing happens. I do not get any error messages. The spinning icon pops up indicating it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vbs running but nothing haapening

2. nothing happens when I run .vbs in windows 10

3. nothing happens when I run vbs script on windows 8.1 64bit

4. nothing happens when opening vbs in edge