Windows 10: nothing i plug in is recognised

Discus and support nothing i plug in is recognised in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why why why, former systems prior to 10 used to recognise new hardware and upload the driver automatically now i spend hours trying to get stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rickmanhh, Jul 17, 2019.

1. rickmanhh Win User

nothing i plug in is recognised

why why why, former systems prior to 10 used to recognise new hardware and upload the driver automatically now i spend hours trying to get stuff recognised and never have success. It is very annoying and if there was an alternative i would jump on it. You continually upgrade but instead of making things easier you make them harder. Not all of us study IT

:)

rickmanhh, Jul 17, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 17, 2019
  3. DianeGill Win User
    about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Mr_Boy Win User

PC won't recognise Lumia 1020 when plugged in

I've seen many people report this problem - when plugging their phone to the PC via USB, it beeps and starts charging, but is not recognised as a device.

I have already looked on the web and tried some things so please note these details:

• When the phone was new, I plugged it in and Windows automatically detected it and prompted me to download drivers/software, it all worked
    • Recently, I plugged it in and it no longer was detected:
      • Doesn't show up in File Explorer
      • Windows Phone App doesn't see it
    • I tried different USB cables and different USB ports on the PC (that all work with other devices)
    • I restarted the PC and the phone
    • I uninstalled the Windows Phone App and reinstalled
    • I took it into a shop and when they tried on a laptop, it worked fine
    • If I turn the phone off and plug it into the PC, it turns on automatically
    I am running W7 Ultimate 64 bit and WP8.0

My best guess is the drivers have got messed up but I can't find how to remove the drivers, only the Windows Phone app. Please help...

Mr_Boy, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. nothing i plug in is recognised - Similar Threads - nothing plug recognised

2. Nothing recognised on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing recognised on startup.: I went into my BIOS setting and turned off ‘Fast Boot’ and then my PC rebooted.When it started back up, I have no monitors, mouse or keyboard recognised or taking any power.I’ve tired to BIOS and CMOS reset buttons on the back of the motherboard but still nothing. The PC...
  3. Nothing recognised on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing recognised on startup.: I went into my BIOS setting and turned off ‘Fast Boot’ and then my PC rebooted.When it started back up, I have no monitors, mouse or keyboard recognised or taking any power.I’ve tired to BIOS and CMOS reset buttons on the back of the motherboard but still nothing. The PC...
  4. Nothing recognised on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  6. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  7. Problem recognising new plug and play webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem recognising new plug and play webcam: Hi, I've recently purchased a general plug n play webcam no brand to replace a very old, but still working, Microsoft webcam V700, to improve image clarity. My PC won't recognise the new webcam and tells me that it doesn't detect a driver. I have tried all available USB...
  8. Line in port says nothing is plugged in

Line in port says nothing is plugged in: I am using an aux cord to connect my PlayStation to my PC audio to get everything through the same headset. When i plug the aux cord in however, the line in port says there is nothing plugged in. I had this previously working with a Nintendo Switch but now it doesn't seem to...
  9. computer doesn't recognise when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer doesn't recognise when plugged in: computer not showing that it's plugged in and charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-doesnt-recognise-when-plugged-in/5a6d8793-a71a-462d-a093-148f06d0b3fe
  10. USB not recognised message constantly popping up even when nothing is plugged in to USB

USB not recognised message constantly popping up even when nothing is plugged in to USB: Every second I get the USB not recognized error message, but nothing is plugged in. Its very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-not-recognised-message-constantly-popping-up/ef668ca5-d6c4-4bd9-9450-3383eab97d55