Windows 10: Nothing is Functioning Properly; How Do I Resolve This Issue?

Discus and support Nothing is Functioning Properly; How Do I Resolve This Issue? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About eight months ago, I had my laptop sent in to be fixed by amazon, as it wasn't turning on despite having not been damaged in any way. Once it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sydney_W_121, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Nothing is Functioning Properly; How Do I Resolve This Issue?

About eight months ago, I had my laptop sent in to be fixed by amazon, as it wasn't turning on despite having not been damaged in any way. Once it came back, everything mostly worked, but I had to find some work arounds to be able to use certain apps, (ie running as administrator to open firefox because it said my profile was inaccessible and such.) I also had to change the permissions of most of my files to be able to open them, but once I did that, everything was running fairly smoothly. However, I was still not able to use the microsoft store, as it wouldn't let me log in, and when I tried logging onto my microsoft profile in settings, it just took me back to the microsoft store where I was unable to log in.

Just a few days ago, windows forced me to update, which caused me many problems. Currently, I am unable to run firefox at all (though luckily I have chrome as a temporary backup), applications like Paint3D take a longer time to start up, my iTunes will not load at all, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall it., making it impossible to back-up my phone, the microsoft store is also stuck loading, and worst of all, any time I open settings to get rid of the atrocious update, it doesn't let me press any of the options, not even the "back" arrow, making it completely useless. I can't even manage my devices, apps, and accounts. Nothing works in settings. I've searched on how to reset settings without directly using settings, but have not had any results.

I should also mention that I attempted to reinstall firefox from chrome, but once I started up the installation process, it got stuck on the installation window, loading eternally.

How am I supposed to fix this mess? I don't know if this is because my laptop is defective, but either way, windows and it's forceful updates are not making things any easier. It's very frustrating, and I would very much appreciate an effective solution.

:)

Sydney_W_121, Oct 11, 2019

2. Issues with printer and other Windows functionalities.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing the following problems.

• Printer issue
    • Certain functionalities of Windows which do not work properly.

Please refer to the below suggested steps for both the issues and see if it helps to resolve the problem

Issue 1

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Printers options from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Additionally, also refer to the below link and see if it helps to resolve the problem.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Issue 2

Perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open the Run Command Dialog Box window started as Administrator.
    • Use the following command to repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.
    • Run this command next to employ the System File Checker:
      Sfc /scannow
    • Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Nothing is Functioning Properly; How Do I Resolve This Issue?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Nothing is Functioning Properly; How Do I Resolve This Issue?

1. Nothing is Functioning Properly; How Do I Resolve This Issue? - Similar Threads - Nothing Functioning Properly

2. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX": I continue to get this message, "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" It is stopping me from running a program that all of my coworkers have no issues running....
  3. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX": I continue to get this message, "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" It is stopping me from running a program that all of my coworkers have no issues running....
  4. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I resolve this

How do I resolve this: Windows standard security hardware not supported on my desktop please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-this/148aa149-a332-4aa5-9311-853ffdf35e12
  6. How do I resolve this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I resolve this: Windows standard security hardware not supported on my desktop please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-this/148aa149-a332-4aa5-9311-853ffdf35e12
  7. How do I resolve Windows Update issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve Windows Update issues?: Hello guys,I am facing a bug with Windows Update starting a few days ago. Earlier, when I used to check updates for Windows, there is always a Microsoft Defender update and that too, at least thrice a day. But a few days ago, they have stopped coming. This seemed unusual so I...
  8. How do I resolve Windows Update issues?

How do I resolve Windows Update issues?: Hello guys,I am facing a bug with Windows Update starting a few days ago. Earlier, when I used to check updates for Windows, there is always a Microsoft Defender update and that too, at least thrice a day. But a few days ago, they have stopped coming. This seemed unusual so I...
  9. How do I resolve this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I resolve this?: [ATTACH] I did a full device scan after a long time on my device and I have been getting this since then. [ATTACH] It tells me to take action for such threats. but I have like hundreds of them. [ATTACH] Do I have to select every single one of them to take action?...
  10. How do i resolve activation issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i resolve activation issue?: I recently changed my BIOS settings and Windows now says it isnt activated due to device change. Troubleshooter just says buy new copy. Issue is i had to phone MS support about a year ago as the upgrade from 7 to 10 went wrong and although i forgot the exact issue,...