Windows 10: Nothing is working after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Nothing is working after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and none of the features are working. The windows app store does not launch, the notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xenojoey, Jul 29, 2015.

1. xenojoey Win User

Nothing is working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hey,

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and none of the features are working. The windows app store does not launch, the notification center does not open, the side menu does not come up, and the start menu does not open either (I can only right click it). When I open Microsoft Edge it says "This app can't open".

Anyone have a solution?

:)

xenojoey, Jul 29, 2015

2. Nothing works after upgrading to Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10 not working

I have just upgraded for free to Windows 10. After 2 days I can get nothing to work, when I click on the Windows icon (bottom left) nothing happens. I can only access anything by going in through Firefox icon. How can I get to settings to revert to Windows
    7?

Graham and MarciaMay, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Nothing works after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Graham,

Thank you for updating the status.

Your efforts to work on this issue is very much appreciated.

If you have any other queries related to Windows, feel free to post and we will be happy to further assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Nothing is working after upgrading to Windows 10

what is your computer / hardware?

ChuckWheat, Jul 29, 2015
  5. derek10 Win User
    Maybe your upgrade got corrupted

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  6. xenojoey Win User
    i7 4770k cpu
    16 gb RAM
    gtx 780
    1 tb hard drive
    250 gb ssd

Originally installed a copy of windows 8 when I built it and upgraded to 8.1

xenojoey, Jul 29, 2015
  7. I'd start in the event viewer to see what errors are occuring.

i'm not sure if sfc /scannow works in 10, but it's worth a try.
    also could try chkdsk /r.

ChuckWheat, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Nothing is working after upgrading to Windows 10

Have you check your motherboard manufacturer's website to see if there are new Win 10 drivers? Also, do you have Nvidia Control Panel? If not uninstall the driver with DDU and reinstall with the latest from Nvidia (currently 353.62). Also check "Programs and Features" and make sure that the driver version is not different from the version seen in device manager & Control Panel; uninstalling with DDU and reinstalling will fix this issue as well.

fracking4oil, Jul 29, 2015
  9. xenojoey Win User
    I was able to run sfc /scannow and It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Yes, all my drivers are up to date

xenojoey, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Edited the above, let us know...

fracking4oil, Jul 29, 2015
  11. That's most likely not much of a problem, but if you want to rule it out, check this thread out: SFC /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Did you look through the event viewer?
    I do it like: open the viewer, start the application to make it fail, and then see the error in the viewer, just to keep the time together.

ChuckWheat, Jul 29, 2015
  12. xenojoey Win User
    This is what I get from event viewer when I try to open the windows app store

"Activation of app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information."

xenojoey, Jul 29, 2015
  13. xenojoey Win User

I tried this, but it did not fix the issue

xenojoey, Jul 29, 2015
  14. xenojoey Win User
    I was able to resolve this issue. There is another way to access your settings if windows 10 is not functioning properly. If you right click on your desktop and select "personalize", it will open your settings. On the top left, press the back arrow and it will bring you to your settings main menu. Click on "Update & Security" and then "Recovery" and Reset the PC. You will be able to keep your files if you reset. This will reinstall Windows 10, but you will lose some apps doing so. After you Reset the PC, there will be a list on your desktop of the apps that were removed, so you can easily reinstall them. Resetting and reinstalling windows 10 has fixed my problem. I hope this helps people who have similar issues

xenojoey, Jul 29, 2015
  15. fraxico08 Win User
    When i try this it opens a error page with title "ms-settings*Tongueersonalization-backgroun" with the message "This file does not have an affiliate program that allows you to perform this action. Install a program or if you already have one installed , create an association in the Default Programs control panel ."

I don't know what do do definition just don't open for anything someone can help me?

fraxico08, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Nothing is working after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Nothing working upgrading

2. Nothing works, windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing works, windows 10: Ok, this might be a lot, but I need help that isn't ridiculous endless internet searching. 1st it's an Acer Aspire 1 A01-131 cloudbook 11, which seemingly makes this even more difficult for the utter lack of help from Acer, aside from their community, but the little laptop is...
  3. Nothing works, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing works, windows 10: Ok, this might be a lot, but I need help that isn't ridiculous endless internet searching. 1st it's an Acer Aspire 1 A01-131 cloudbook 11, which seemingly makes this even more difficult for the utter lack of help from Acer, aside from their community, but the little laptop is...
  4. Nothing works, windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nothing works after cleaning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nothing works after cleaning: So, I have a Lenovo Legion Y530. My laptop was in sleep mode and i was simply cleaning the keyboard. Randomly presing the keys, windows woke up and started a "Please wait...". Then i couldn't enter my pin saying "Something happened with your pin...". I have managed to log...
  6. Cortana not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana not working after Windows 10 Upgrade: [ATTACH] I recently upgraded to Windows 10 2004, and I notice that Cortana isn't working for some reason. It was working when I had Windows 10 1909 installed, but now it's not working. I've tried resetting the PC, and that didn't work. Resetting and repairing it didn't work...
  7. After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.

After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.: I recently done an upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and having issues. For starter, the start menu doesn't open. Search, Settings, Updates & Securities, Apps & Features and the list goes on will not open. Event MS Edge doesn't open. Basically anything that belongs to...
  8. NOTHING WORKS AFTER THE UPDATE

NOTHING WORKS AFTER THE UPDATE: hello guys. pls help me im in very bad situation. After the last update I received and installed successfully nothing works anymore. not apps like chrome, steam IDM or even windows troubleshoot. It says that application not found I cant even install something! its so bad....
  9. Windows 10 - Nothing is working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Nothing is working: Recently I have encountered this issue, when I startup my computer, I cannot open programs. Right after I signed in, I can open programs, but after a while, new tabs I open in Google Chrome cannot load anything. I checked my wifi, but that was fine. I tried to restart...
  10. NOTHING Is Working On My PC After Upgrading to Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Support
    NOTHING Is Working On My PC After Upgrading to Windows 10!: I don't know what the heck is wrong with this OS. I Upgraded from 7 to 10 and almost non of the Windows Features are working. Everything was working before but then all of a sudden, everything stopped working. Windows Update: "There were some problems installing updates,...