Windows 10: Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound...

Discus and support Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So after a while I updated my pc, I noticed Start and Search aren't working. I click on them and nothing happens. Then I check other icons and tey also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Curions, May 14, 2021.

1. Curions Win User

Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound...

So after a while I updated my pc, I noticed Start and Search aren't working. I click on them and nothing happens. Then I check other icons and tey also don't work. don't know what's wrong. Can someone help me please?

:)

Curions, May 14, 2021

2. My start menu,battery,wifi,sound is not working on taskbar?

My start menu,battery,wifi,sound is not working on taskbar?

Shabbir003, May 14, 2021
  3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 14, 2021
  4. D. Joe Win User

Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound...

Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound... - Similar Threads - Nothing working taskbar

2. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  3. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  4. not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar: hello,good time I installed windows 11 on my laptop then i click on the Wi-Fi,battery,and sound icons in the taskbar,they dont work.i did all the solutions that your colleagues annouced for this issue,but it still didnt work.i even deleted windows and reinstalled it.,it was...
  5. not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not working wi-fi icon battery sound in taskbar: hello,good time I installed windows 11 on my laptop then i click on the Wi-Fi,battery,and sound icons in the taskbar,they dont work.i did all the solutions that your colleagues annouced for this issue,but it still didnt work.i even deleted windows and reinstalled it.,it was...
  6. Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery and Sound button in taskbar not working when clicked.: They doesn't respond when clicked on home screen but work when any app is opened.in homescreen when i pressed sound and battery button it shows as clicked but there is nothing . See Screenshot 1but when i open any other app like chrome and click on battery and sound button it...
  7. Driver Search Choice Not Including Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Search Choice Not Including Internet: Hello, I have noticed recently that when I go to check for an update to a driver in Device Manager and I click on a driver that I want to see if there is an update and the screen comes up that asks "How do you want to search for drivers?" I see the below screen:...
  8. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications): Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. Also, in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. But some other...
  9. My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications).

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Taskbar buttons don't work (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications).: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. I tried the solution of Clean Boot as Administrator, but it...
  10. Nothing shows on Taskbar, can't use search or start button.

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing shows on Taskbar, can't use search or start button.: I'm running Windows 10 and have been since it was first released. This morning I was playing a game, and my sound stopped working, so I rebooted my computer to see if that would fix it. It fixed the problem, but I had no icons pinned on my taskbar, no time & date, and the...