Windows 10: Nothing opens in my desktop!

Discus and support Nothing opens in my desktop! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I've been experiencing an issue with my desktop. I am unable to open apps, including the Settings, Command Prompt, PowerShell Admin, File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by atx98, Nov 26, 2020.

1. atx98 Win User

Nothing opens in my desktop!

Hello!

I've been experiencing an issue with my desktop.

I am unable to open apps, including the Settings, Command Prompt, PowerShell Admin, File Explorer, and Run. I've tried opening every single app and failed.

I have tried going into Safe Mode but only get a black screen with the cursor. Also, I have tried logging out of the user profile, going into the lock screen, but I get a similar black screen. Only after I press enter I can go back to the main screen.

Where to start solving the issue? Any advice?

:)

atx98, Nov 26, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 26, 2020
  3. ss2020 Win User
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Nov 26, 2020
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Nothing opens in my desktop! - Similar Threads - Nothing opens desktop

2. Nothing on my computer is opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing on my computer is opening: Things such as settings task manager all pop up with error messages. I’ve tried ctrl + alt + delete but it when I click task manager it just brings me back to my Home Screen and if I try to click on anything it just shows error messages, if I try to open games it only gives...
  3. Nothing on my computer is opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing on my computer is opening: Things such as settings task manager all pop up with error messages. I’ve tried ctrl + alt + delete but it when I click task manager it just brings me back to my Home Screen and if I try to click on anything it just shows error messages, if I try to open games it only gives...
  4. NOTHING WILL UNFREEZE MY DESKTOP ICONS??

NOTHING WILL UNFREEZE MY DESKTOP ICONS??: Hello, I do not know what happened but I went back to my desktop after closingout YouTube and noticed that all my desktop icons were doubled on top of each otherI deleted the duplicate ones, but the ones that remain are frozen. I went to viewand removed the check mark on...
  5. Nothing is opening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing is opening?: This morning when I turned on my PC there was an error message when I tried to open apps, I fixed that by replacing the corrupted file. but still nothing is opening, Not the settings, chrome, or anything expect file explorer which works. How can I solve this? Thanks :)...
  6. nothing opening

nothing opening: I'm having problems opening apps and basically everything I cant even fully reset my pc I've done everything there is related to my problem but I cant even open apps to I cant fix them. When I click open it takes about 4 minutes to open, but it doesn't even open a text...
  7. Nothing doesn't respond but my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nothing doesn't respond but my desktop: So today i opened my pc and nothing was workings at first i thought it was a bug because it had happened once again. I restarted my pc and it kept happening and now i cant do anything but open apps in desktop and they dont work either pls if you have any solutions answer...
  8. Nothing is opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing is opening: On laptop, windows 10, after log in desktop appears. But if i click on any icon, it is not opening, start button not opening, sometimes blue ball rotates and it ends after sometime. Rebooted many times, even restored to previous date. But nothing happening, only desktop...
  9. Nothing will open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing will open: I've read around this topic here and my computer refuses to open any programs with two exceptions: File Explorer and Panda AV. I've been rebooting my computer for two hours now and it still hasn't fixed itself like some people say it did. It cant open task manager. No error...
  10. Nothing Opens to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing Opens to desktop: Hi, I have a new (out of the box today) gaming pc with windows 10 pre-installed. It's setup, windows 10 screen is displayed but none of the windows are opening to the desktop. They will appear on the taskbar as pins & i can click from one to the other, but absolutely...