Windows 10: Nothing Opens to desktop

Discus and support Nothing Opens to desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new (out of the box today) gaming pc with windows 10 pre-installed. It's setup, windows 10 screen is displayed but none of the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TommyB1970, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Nothing Opens to desktop

Hi,

I have a new (out of the box today) gaming pc with windows 10 pre-installed.

It's setup, windows 10 screen is displayed but none of the windows are opening to the desktop. They will appear on the taskbar as pins & i can click from one to the other, but absolutely nothing opens as a desktop window. Can't open settings, task manager or any app to solve the problem, they too only appear as pins on the task bar & can't be open...Any advice???

Thanks,

T.

:)

TommyB1970, Dec 25, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 25, 2018
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Nothing Opens to desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Nothing Opens to desktop

1. Nothing Opens to desktop - Similar Threads - Nothing Opens desktop

2. Nothing will open on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing will open on windows: Hello just barely today I noticed a problem with my computer after 10 seconds about an error sound would play wouldn’t tell me what it was but after those 10 seconds I can’t open anything if I try to open the search bar it won’t let me if I try to open an app it just says...
  3. Nothing will open on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing will open on windows: Hello just barely today I noticed a problem with my computer after 10 seconds about an error sound would play wouldn’t tell me what it was but after those 10 seconds I can’t open anything if I try to open the search bar it won’t let me if I try to open an app it just says...
  4. Nothing will open or load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing will open or load: I’m able to log into my computer just fine but nothing will open. I can open the start menu but it won’t close. I can’t open my settings, clicking restart does nothing. I’ve turned off my laptop and back on and the issue persists. Can’t open any browser, task manager hotkey...
  5. Nothing will open or load

Nothing will open or load: I’m able to log into my computer just fine but nothing will open. I can open the start menu but it won’t close. I can’t open my settings, clicking restart does nothing. I’ve turned off my laptop and back on and the issue persists. Can’t open any browser, task manager hotkey...
  6. Nothing is opening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing is opening?: This morning when I turned on my PC there was an error message when I tried to open apps, I fixed that by replacing the corrupted file. but still nothing is opening, Not the settings, chrome, or anything expect file explorer which works. How can I solve this? Thanks :)...
  7. Nothing opens in my desktop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing opens in my desktop!: Hello! I've been experiencing an issue with my desktop. I am unable to open apps, including the Settings, Command Prompt, PowerShell Admin, File Explorer, and Run. I've tried opening every single app and failed. I have tried going into Safe Mode but only get a black...
  8. nothing opening

nothing opening: I'm having problems opening apps and basically everything I cant even fully reset my pc I've done everything there is related to my problem but I cant even open apps to I cant fix them. When I click open it takes about 4 minutes to open, but it doesn't even open a text...
  9. Nothing is opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing is opening: On laptop, windows 10, after log in desktop appears. But if i click on any icon, it is not opening, start button not opening, sometimes blue ball rotates and it ends after sometime. Rebooted many times, even restored to previous date. But nothing happening, only desktop...
  10. Nothing will open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing will open: I've read around this topic here and my computer refuses to open any programs with two exceptions: File Explorer and Panda AV. I've been rebooting my computer for two hours now and it still hasn't fixed itself like some people say it did. It cant open task manager. No error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing opens windows 10

2. nothing opens from desk top windows 10

3. nothing opens rom desktop

4. nothing displayed on desktop in win 10