Windows 10: Nothing printing from my laptop

Discus and support Nothing printing from my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have had this problem of nothing printing from my laptop for a while now. I have recently bought a new printer (HP Envy 5020) as my old one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tom_08, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Tom_08 Win User

Nothing printing from my laptop

Hi,

I have had this problem of nothing printing from my laptop for a while now. I have recently bought a new printer (HP Envy 5020) as my old one wasn't wireless and the same issue is reoccurring with all printers. The only way I can print is to use another PC or laptop.

I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on an ASUS with Intel Core i7 2.20GHZ 16GB RAM and have just done a clean install from ISO as a last resort after going through many many forums, theories and solutions with the same issue still on going. I have tried stopping/restarting the spooler, removed the printer and driver, uninstalled and reinstalled, scanned for corrupt files, nothing has worked.

No documents will print, Word/Excel, web page printing, documents from email, even a test page won't print with a message popping up saying 'unable to create print job'.

The laptop sees the printer and connects to it fine, with all the latest drivers installed several times over. When I press print on any document it disappears as if it's gone to print but nothing happens and nothing appears in the print queue . I get a message pop up in Word and Excel saying there might not be enough memory, check the connection and check the wireless.

I am connected to the printer and it says it's ready but nothing ever prints :-(

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Many Thanks,

Tom

:)

Tom_08, Jul 23, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 23, 2018
  3. kgreene Win User
    vista printing

ok I just got done setting up my new network and i have a laptop with windows vista on it and a sever with windows sever 2003 on it. I have two printers hooked up to my sever a HP Laser Jet 6L and a HP Photosmart C3180 all in one printer when i try to print from my laptop its very slow sometimes office 2007 fezzes when i print from my gameing rig (which is xp home btw) every thing that i print from it is fast. any suggestions?

kgreene, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Nothing printing from my laptop

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Nothing printing from my laptop

1. Nothing printing from my laptop - Similar Threads - Nothing printing laptop

2. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  3. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer only prints nothing: It is connected using cable and im seeing it online. Unfortunately, it only prints blank pages. I remove the papers and put it back again to try but no help at all. I have restarted my unit and the printer itself it didnt help as well. If there is something I need please help...
  4. Printer only prints nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to print from Laptop

Not able to print from Laptop: why does my printer prints from my cell phone and not from my laptop, having tried everything possible to fix it [Original Title: printer/laptop] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-print-from-laptop/50a43702-bba7-4c77-b4c7-f59afa310802
  6. nothing going to print queue

nothing going to print queue: Brother Printer MFC-990cw, Surface pro 64 bit, Windows 10 Tried to print when receiving phone call, printer message phone in use. Afterwards nothing in print queue, checked queue empty, tried to print again, nothing in queue. Uninstalled & reinstalled printer, same result....
  7. Nothing is responding on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing is responding on my laptop: When I open my laptop everything seems fine but when I click on anything the screen freezes. The taskbar stops responding and I can’t even ctrl + alt + delete. After a few minutes it seems like I can click on things but everything becomes frozen again the second I try to do...
  8. Cannot print from my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot print from my laptop: Help me print from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-print-from-my-laptop/c351f358-e4b1-4383-a12d-f1c2e2cdd71a
  9. print to printer from my laptop

print to printer from my laptop: how do I get my laptop to send a document to my hp envy 5540 printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-to-printer-from-my-laptop/de921a83-7d05-4fd4-afd4-809e22808ae9
  10. network print nothing prints

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network print nothing prints: I have network printer. I wanted to print documents from command prompt so I gave command net use LPT1 \\<machine>\<printer share> /yes to link up network printer with LPT1 then using print command print /d:LPT1 document.txt the printer pulls a paper, but it...