Windows 10: Nothing responding and restarting and shuting down take forever or dont even finish

Discus and support Nothing responding and restarting and shuting down take forever or dont even finish in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry im nof sure where to go but i just started having this problem today where after a minute after i boot into windows everything stops responding,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SlickBastard014, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Nothing responding and restarting and shuting down take forever or dont even finish

Sorry im nof sure where to go but i just started having this problem today where after a minute after i boot into windows everything stops responding, i can still move my mouse but nothing will start to open and the applications i do have open stop responding. And when i restart or shut down it either takes forever or does not work. I can boot into safe mode but the wierd thing is i can only boot into safe mode after choosing startup repair even though that doesn't do anything. But when i boot into safe mode everything works.

submitted by /u/SlickBastard014
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SlickBastard014, Oct 30, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Nothing responding and restarting and shuting down take forever or dont even finish :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 30, 2020
  3. ziEpEs Win User
    Shuting down and restarting problem

After spending some time ( ~3 hours) on my laptop when i press to shut down it goes to some sorta sleep mode or something like that but it dont shut down. But if i press to restart after spending about the same 3 hours or longer - it shuts down. o_o ...
    pressing shut down - laptop going to sleep, pressing restart - laptop shuting down -> but that happens only after i spend some longer time on it, if I spend 1 - 2 hours it turns off or restarts normally. Does someone know what makes it do that? And can I fix
    it? Thanks for any help.

ziEpEs, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Nothing responding and restarting and shuting down take forever or dont even finish

Windows 10 not Shuting down

Original Title: Shuting down

My computer wont shut down ever since I upgraded to Windows 10. I have HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC. It takes forever and then it doesn't shut down. What can I do?

TeodoraTodorović, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Nothing responding and restarting and shuting down take forever or dont even finish

1. Nothing responding and restarting and shuting down take forever or dont even finish - Similar Threads - Nothing responding restarting

2. pc keeps shuting down and restarts need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps shuting down and restarts need help: my pc shuts down an restarts and i dont know why i tested my ram with prime95i tested my grapichs card i tested my ram no shutdowns and restarts but by gaming problem come's back...
  3. pc keeps shuting down and restarts need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps shuting down and restarts need help: my pc shuts down an restarts and i dont know why i tested my ram with prime95i tested my grapichs card i tested my ram no shutdowns and restarts but by gaming problem come's back...
  4. pc keeps shuting down and restarts need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down: Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached. Drivers and bios is upto date. When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart...
  6. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down: Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached. Drivers and bios is upto date. When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart...
  7. whidows not shuting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    whidows not shuting down: hello I have a toshiba u500 from 2009 with 4GB ram and T4200 cpu and GMA4500M gpu no battery. when I want to shutdown my laptop all systems stop working but the cpu fan keeps running and if I force it to shut down the windows starts much slower with a failure report and if...
  8. Windows 10 takes forever to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes forever to restart.: As title says, it takes almost an hour to restart, even when the OS is installed in a SSD. Which nulifies the whole point of using one. This happened before but could fix it simply by updating Windows. Now I'm at the latest update and the issue showed up again. [ATTACH]...
  9. Computer takes forever to fully shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes forever to fully shut down.: My computer has been taking around ~5-10+ minutes to fully shut down. It starts to shut down normally when I press shut down in the start menu,shutting down screen, screen turns off and everything... but, everything is still on (lights, fans, hdd). I've had this problem for...
  10. Computer takes forever to shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer takes forever to shut down.: My computer is a Lenovo Y400 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home Intel Core i7 Nvidia Geforce GT It has been exactly 2 weeks since I upgraded to Windows 10 but one thing I noticed about my computer ever since the update is that it has a very long shut down time. Just yesterday, I...