Windows 10: Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10

Discus and support Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i hope i m not posting in the wrong category but since i have updated to Windows 10, 2 days ago i have been having problems, first it was the BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrRehan, Jul 31, 2015.

1. MrRehan Win User

Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10

Hi, i hope i m not posting in the wrong category but since i have updated to Windows 10, 2 days ago i have been having problems, first it was the BSOD with the message "Internal Power Error" and i have since fixed that by updating my AMD drivers but now whenever i open explorer, or This PC, it shows nothing, it just says "Working on it" see the picture.

Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10 [​IMG]

i contacted Microsoft technical support and the support lady just ended the chat on me, so i called their support and the lady wasnt able to fix my problem so she told me that she has asked level 2 tech support to call me after 3 hours, so 24 hours later, no call, so i called tech support again and they said i ll get a call back in 1 hour and 2 hours later no call, so i called again and i was told that i will get a call back 30 minutes later, and now its 3 hours later and still no call! i m getting desperate here, there is no option to go back to Windows 8.1 in the recovery option in settings, i cant reset the laptop because it says "cant reset" so i tried installing Windows 8 from an iso downloaded from Microsoft and half way through the installation it gave an error saying "Windows cannot install required files. the file may be corrupt or missing. make sure all files required for installation are available. and restart the installation"

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit : Did a clean install of Windows 10, everything is fine

:)

MrRehan, Jul 31, 2015
  2. i-Panda Win User

This PC (formerly My Computer) in Windows Explorer navigation pane shows OneDrive folders - how do I change it to show local folders?

Solved by clean reinstall of Win 10

i-Panda, Jul 31, 2015
  3. This PC (formerly My Computer) in Windows Explorer navigation pane shows OneDrive folders - how do I change it to show local folders?

You're welcome & glad it's sorted. It is amazing how finding the right search terms makes all the difference. Registry key/value names are just such search terms.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10

1. Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - Nothing showing Explorer

2. Nothing works on my computer after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing works on my computer after update: I got a new computer yesterday, and after setting everything up, it ran smoothly. However, after Windows updated on my computer, nothing seems to be working expect Google Chrome. I can't access apps such as Steam, the taskbar on the bottom, or even the settings or task...
  3. Nothing windows 10 related is working on my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing windows 10 related is working on my pc: I recently factory reset my computer do to performance issues. When I came back the next morning I realized by start button nor my search bar was working. I tried to reset it another two times and nothing but the same issues occurred. My internet explorer wont even open and I...
  4. shared computer is not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shared computer is not showing in file explorer: Hi, I am trying to set up a file sharing system between two windows 10 computers, one is a desktop and the other is a laptop. I have partially succeeded because the laptop can see the desktop and itself in 'network' in file explorer however, the desktop cannot view the...
  5. my computer/this pc not showing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    my computer/this pc not showing free space: my computer/this pc not showing free space under one of my hard drives any idea what i do to get it to show it 116724
  6. windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 keeps restarting my computer for updates but does nothing: I keep getting the Update massage saying my computer needs to be restarted for windows 10 update. Thing is every time it restarts nothing is downloaded and it just does it all over again like 15 minutes later. The Update it says its going to install is this Upgrade to...
  7. Hide Bluetooth device from This PC or My Computer or Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hide Bluetooth device from This PC or My Computer or Windows Explorer: using Windows 10 in ASUS X555LN notebook with integrated Broadcom Bluetooth driver. After installing the Bluetooth software, when i pair my phone with the PC, my phone appears in the Explorer with additional hard disk partitions (Devices and drives). I do not want to unpair...
  8. I can't do it nothing on my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't do it nothing on my computer: Now Trusted installer is the owner of my computer, I can't open any file with termination (.exe)not factory reset,I thinking about buy other computer with the other operative system,like Google Chrome I'm so mad about the windows 10 !*Sad 66755
  9. NOTHING Is Working On My PC After Upgrading to Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Support
    NOTHING Is Working On My PC After Upgrading to Windows 10!: I don't know what the heck is wrong with this OS. I Upgraded from 7 to 10 and almost non of the Windows Features are working. Everything was working before but then all of a sudden, everything stopped working. Windows Update: "There were some problems installing updates,...
  10. Windows Desktop shows nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Desktop shows nothing: I just downloaded Windows 10 today. I can't see any icons, desktop, find the start menu or anything else. I read it does dual-monitors but I can't figure out how to switch when I can't see anything. I have an Alienware computer. Should I call Dell or talk to Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing showing in windows 10 this pc