Windows 10: Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10

Discus and support Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i hope i m not posting in the wrong category but since i have updated to Windows 10, 2 days ago i have been having problems, first it was the BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrRehan, Jul 31, 2015.

1. MrRehan Win User

Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10

Hi, i hope i m not posting in the wrong category but since i have updated to Windows 10, 2 days ago i have been having problems, first it was the BSOD with the message "Internal Power Error" and i have since fixed that by updating my AMD drivers but now whenever i open explorer, or This PC, it shows nothing, it just says "Working on it" see the picture.

Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10 [​IMG]

i contacted Microsoft technical support and the support lady just ended the chat on me, so i called their support and the lady wasnt able to fix my problem so she told me that she has asked level 2 tech support to call me after 3 hours, so 24 hours later, no call, so i called tech support again and they said i ll get a call back in 1 hour and 2 hours later no call, so i called again and i was told that i will get a call back 30 minutes later, and now its 3 hours later and still no call! i m getting desperate here, there is no option to go back to Windows 8.1 in the recovery option in settings, i cant reset the laptop because it says "cant reset" so i tried installing Windows 8 from an iso downloaded from Microsoft and half way through the installation it gave an error saying "Windows cannot install required files. the file may be corrupt or missing. make sure all files required for installation are available. and restart the installation"

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit : Did a clean install of Windows 10, everything is fine

:)

MrRehan, Jul 31, 2015
  2. i-Panda Win User

This PC (formerly My Computer) in Windows Explorer navigation pane shows OneDrive folders - how do I change it to show local folders?

Solved by clean reinstall of Win 10

i-Panda, Jul 31, 2015
  3. This PC (formerly My Computer) in Windows Explorer navigation pane shows OneDrive folders - how do I change it to show local folders?

You're welcome & glad it's sorted. It is amazing how finding the right search terms makes all the difference. Registry key/value names are just such search terms.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10

1. Nothing showing in This PC (Explorer, My Computer) WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - Nothing showing Explorer

2. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  3. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  4. I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...: This has been happening for 8 weeks. I have tried restarting, rebooting, reinstalling all applications and nothing seems to fix it. It freezes on the progress bar and nothing loads. This is in file explorer. I can't access local or cloud storage. Could someone please suggest...
  5. I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...

I can't access files on file explorer. My computer waits and loads and nothing shows up in...: This has been happening for 8 weeks. I have tried restarting, rebooting, reinstalling all applications and nothing seems to fix it. It freezes on the progress bar and nothing loads. This is in file explorer. I can't access local or cloud storage. Could someone please suggest...
  6. My computer suddenly shows nothing but a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly shows nothing but a black screen: I was using my laptop yesterday, it was working fine. But when I opened it today, I don't see anything more than this on my screen:Another thing I noticed is that the screen progressively gets whiter the more I keep it on. Not any brighter, just like this:Is there any way to...
  7. My computer suddenly shows nothing but a black screen

My computer suddenly shows nothing but a black screen: I was using my laptop yesterday, it was working fine. But when I opened it today, I don't see anything more than this on my screen:Another thing I noticed is that the screen progressively gets whiter the more I keep it on. Not any brighter, just like this:Is there any way to...
  8. My computer suddenly shows nothing but a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My computer's screen shows nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer's screen shows nothing: My computer's screen shows nothing. It shows no images are showing on he screen. How should i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computers-screen-shows-nothing/7c418f06-816a-4709-9cbb-856d007fb87b
  10. Computers not showing in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers not showing in explorer: I have 3 PC systems, 2 laptops and 1 desktop. They all run Windows 10 v1909. I have issues with them all showing in each other network explorer window. Laptop 1 can see all 3 systems, and also it sees the router as a PC as well. It also sees all the multi function devices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nothing is showing in explorer in windows 10

2. nothing showing in windows 10 this pc