Windows 10: Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be??

Discus and support Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mastertech8 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mastertech8, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be??

/u/mastertech8, Feb 5, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Missing installed programs in W10 search bar

In every single version of Windows before W10, when we installed a software it was added to the start menu and we could open it by either accessing it directly or searching it with Vista and 7.

I thought that the W10 search bar would have the same behaviour, however it doesn't ; the search bar doesn't find my newly installed programs, or at least not instantly ; in order to make them show up, I have to either reset the indexation manually or reinstall Cortana via PowerShell.

Isn't there a way to have the W10 search bar updated automatically ? It's pretty annoying to force an entire re-indexation just to add Photoshop or Android Studio to the start menu once they're installed...

natinusala, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be??

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be??

1. Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be?? - Similar Threads - Nothing shows W10

2. Why my search shows nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my search shows nothing: My search at the side of my start menu shows nothing. Not even the history of searches or the result. When you type no loading at all and when you enter the search nothing will happen. Help me please....
  3. Why my search shows nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my search shows nothing: My search at the side of my start menu shows nothing. Not even the history of searches or the result. When you type no loading at all and when you enter the search nothing will happen. Help me please....
  4. Why my search shows nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. W10 search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 search bar: I open windows search bar and it automatically close itself and I'm unable to search for anything. Please check. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-search-bar/287bfb39-0f92-4933-a5dd-81e7fb258069
  6. W10 search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 search bar: I open windows search bar and it automatically close itself and I'm unable to search for anything. Please check. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-search-bar/287bfb39-0f92-4933-a5dd-81e7fb258069
  7. W10 search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar: Hi guys it seems like for some reason my icons on the Windows Search Bar is not showing up. I tried many ways to fix this but it's not working. Any methods to solve this problem? I running Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044This is an example of the icons not showing up and it...
  9. Search Bar on W10 is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar on W10 is broken: I have been having this issue for a month or two now, but whenever I click on search in the taskbar to search something up it crashes and closes after 2 seconds (roughly). I have tried just about any fix on youtube including reinstalling windows but no dice. It's super...
  10. search bar doing nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar doing nothing: the search bar in windows 10 by the windows icon does nothing, does not even search let along find anything 139939

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 nothign shows up in search bar

2. nothing shows up in my search bar in windows 10?

3. nothing shows up on the searchbar windows

4. search bar windows 10 nothing showing up,
  5. windows 10 serch bar nothing pops up,
  6. windows 10 nothing shows up in search bar