Windows 10: Nothing will open. Keep getting error messages after updates downloaded

Discus and support Nothing will open. Keep getting error messages after updates downloaded in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After an update, I keep getting the error message application not found when I click on icons on my desktop. Most of my apps are also missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AJ3970, Sep 14, 2019.

1. AJ3970 Win User

Nothing will open. Keep getting error messages after updates downloaded

After an update, I keep getting the error message application not found when I click on icons on my desktop. Most of my apps are also missing.

:)

AJ3970, Sep 14, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Sep 14, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Nothing will open. Keep getting error messages after updates downloaded - Similar Threads - Nothing open Keep

2. I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...: Ever since my external hard drive broke with my games and files in there, I tried to download those files again in my new SSD, but it didn't work. I tried many methods, but still, none of them worked. And I can't find any tutorials with my specific issue....
  3. I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...: Ever since my external hard drive broke with my games and files in there, I tried to download those files again in my new SSD, but it didn't work. I tried many methods, but still, none of them worked. And I can't find any tutorials with my specific issue....
  4. I keep getting this message "error opening file for writing" when downloading apps that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keep getting an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  6. Keep getting an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting an error message: I am getting the following message when I switch my laptop on - "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed Select here to fix it in the shared experiences settings."Now here's the thing. I have deliberately changed my login to only a pin...
  7. Keep getting an error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Getting error popup message after update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting error popup message after update.: [ATTACH] I just got an update yesterday some sort of security update. After installing the update I was getting this popup, also the windows product key is genuine....
  9. After 1903 Update keep getting Windows Security IT ERROR message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After 1903 Update keep getting Windows Security IT ERROR message: Did the 1903 undate but sometimes, especially after a scan - I get this error message. WHY and how do I fix it?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1903-update-keep-getting-windows-security-it/c896c249-9cb9-4a49-82c8-034de5270485"
  10. I keep getting the message The directory is invalid but there is nothing in that drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting the message The directory is invalid but there is nothing in that drive: My computer keeps popping up with a message G:\ The directory is invalid. But there is nothing in drive G: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-the-message-the-directory-is/4b0aa119-9782-45dc-9fbd-7139a7677b58