Windows 10: Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video.

Discus and support Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; https://youtu.be/de6ZfduJ2VQ https://youtu.be/Gdhuze_UisI As seen in the video, miscrosoft store wont open, xbox companion wont open, also can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ven9eance, Jun 13, 2020.

1. ven9eance Win User

Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video.

https://youtu.be/de6ZfduJ2VQ

https://youtu.be/Gdhuze_UisI

As seen in the video, miscrosoft store wont open, xbox companion wont open, also can't even open the "feedback hub" from my start menu, it does the same thing as everything else, auto closes. Have tried updating windows, it is up to date. I've tried deleting the microsoft store cache to get it to open but that didn't work, i've reset by pc a dozen times.

In the second video, it shows I can't even open a photo.jpg file on my desktop. I get an error saying "the app didn't start" Also windows media player wont play any videos. The only thing I tried doing was unchecking the "Read Only" on the "WindowsApps" folder because I needed to look in a game file that was in there but I could not turn off the "Read Only" no matter what I tried. So something must have happened while I was doing that. Does anything look wrong in the second video link where I show the folder settings? It says the entry is corrupt for "Users" and to delete or create a new one. Not sure about that?

:)

ven9eance, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. UNABLE TO OPEN IMAGES AND VIDEOS

Hi,

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps listed in the article given by
    Robert Caw? It was posted above.

As a workaround, you may try these steps:

• Right-click the photo or video.
    • You'll see a pop-up box, choose Open With.
    • Then choose Paint or Photos to open an image.

(There are also options to open videos when you click Open With.)

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video.

Opening Graphic and Video Files

Hi Ralph,

Please follow the steps and see if it helps:

• Right click on the video file.
    • Click on open with
    • Choose the appropriate program to open with.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video.

1. Nothing windows related will open. Something seriously wrong. See video. - Similar Threads - Nothing related open

2. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  3. Something's wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's wrong: So I was charging my computer recently. It registered for a second that it was charging, and then didn't charge. I've tried switching cords. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somethings-wrong/c88de674-26d3-405b-958a-bd58bacbb6df
  4. Nothing on my PC related to Windows wants to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing on my PC related to Windows wants to open: For some reason, I can't open anything related to windows on my PC. I can't open Microsoft Store, XBOX, even my own files, even my search bar, settings, windows logo, nothing. I can't open anything. The only things I can open are google and games that aren't pre-installed and...
  5. Nothing on my PC related to Windows wants to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing on my PC related to Windows wants to open: For some reason, I can't open anything related to windows on my PC. I can't open Microsoft Store, XBOX, even my own files, even my search bar, settings, windows logo, nothing. I can't open anything. The only things I can open are google and games that aren't pre-installed and...
  6. Something wrong with hard drive, can't scan it or anything to see what's wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something wrong with hard drive, can't scan it or anything to see what's wrong: Hiya,I believe something has been wrong with my main hard drive for a while. Here are all the issues and solutions I've tried.1 My PC tells me that it's scanning and repairing the C: drive every time I boot it up.2 I can't defrag my drive, even though it used to work.3 I've...
  7. Something Wrong With Windows

in Cortana
    Something Wrong With Windows: I have no words to describe what's wrong but all I can say is it's like someone is constantly pressing one of the arrow keys!Check Video Below I've done multiple virus checks, all of them showed nothing. This all started happening after I updated Windows to the newest...
  8. Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blinks on black when doing something related to videos or seeing videos: From february to now i've been having some flashes when watching some videos on specific sites like sho**ee's videos and even on Reddit's videos. When the video starts, the screen goes black and then, goes back to normal sometimes it flashes again and again. The same problem...
  9. What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck is going on? Nothing windows related will open: I have tried updating windows, it is up to date. I've tried deleting the microsoft store cache to get it to open but that didn't work, i've reset by pc a dozen times. Also can't even open the "feedback hub" from my start menu, it does the same thing. What the heck!? Video...
  10. Nothing Windows related is working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Nothing Windows related is working.: Nothing windows related will work. I can't download anything from the store, I can't check for updates, I can't find Windows Defender and I can't troubleshoot anything....