Windows 10: Nothing with my computer works!!

Discus and support Nothing with my computer works!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've for one week now tried to solve the issues on my computer but everything just seems to get worse and worse. It all started when i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KundFjunens, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Nothing with my computer works!!

I've for one week now tried to solve the issues on my computer but everything just seems to get worse and worse.

It all started when i tried to update my Nvidia graphic card drivers. When I tried installing Geforce Experience I got an error message and the same thing happened when I tried to install the drivers manually. I tried removing my old drivers to see if that would help to fix the problem but it didn't, so now I am sitting here with no drivers and a terrible resolution.

Meanwhile while trying the solve the problem I discovered that literally no basic Windows functions work. I can't update Windows, run a troubleshooting, open certain programs or perform a system restore.

I have tried absolutely everything but nothing seems to work, would really appreciate if someone could help me out.

Recently purchased a SSD for the computer if that is relevant.

Thanks in advance

:)

KundFjunens, Jul 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Nothing with my computer works!!

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Nothing with my computer works!!

1. Nothing with my computer works!! - Similar Threads - Nothing computer works

2. My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working: I have a HP ProBook 430 G5 running on windows 11 and the screen has gone black, nothing seems to be working. I’ve tried every key bind, shortcut and all options everything has been tried. There is no error message to display. The last thing before it started was a blank white...
  3. My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is stuck on a black screen and nothing is working: I have a HP ProBook 430 G5 running on windows 11 and the screen has gone black, nothing seems to be working. I’ve tried every key bind, shortcut and all options everything has been tried. There is no error message to display. The last thing before it started was a blank white...
  4. Nothing on my computer is opening

Nothing on my computer is opening: Things such as settings task manager all pop up with error messages. I’ve tried ctrl + alt + delete but it when I click task manager it just brings me back to my Home Screen and if I try to click on anything it just shows error messages, if I try to open games it only gives...
  5. Locked out of computer. Nothing working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer. Nothing working.: So I had my father factory reset my computer while I was away.When my friend has gone to set it up for herself it’s failed the reset.It still has my profile on it and isn’t allowing anyone to put the pin in to log in to perform the reset again. Instead it says “Your pin is no...
  6. Locked out of computer. Nothing working.

Locked out of computer. Nothing working.: So I had my father factory reset my computer while I was away.When my friend has gone to set it up for herself it’s failed the reset.It still has my profile on it and isn’t allowing anyone to put the pin in to log in to perform the reset again. Instead it says “Your pin is no...
  7. Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works: Ok so I downloaded a game overnight on my laptop Acer Predator Helios 300. I had my laptop on sleep and when I woke it up in the morning everything was working fine. I then went to go clean something and when I came back and powered on my computer, windows 10 was literally...
  8. Nothing works on my computer after update

Nothing works on my computer after update: I got a new computer yesterday, and after setting everything up, it ran smoothly. However, after Windows updated on my computer, nothing seems to be working expect Google Chrome. I can't access apps such as Steam, the taskbar on the bottom, or even the settings or task...
  9. Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME: Okay, so. I couldn't access my start menu (every time I clicked it, it would come up 'critical error' and then log me off). I literally tried everything to resolve this issue. I ended up giving my computer a factory reset because I was about to smash my face into my monitor....
  10. My Computer Audio Is Not Working | Nothing and I mean Nothing is working..... I have no hope.

My Computer Audio Is Not Working | Nothing and I mean Nothing is working..... I have no hope.: It started today 7/21/2018 when I got my new keyboard and mouse, a Havit Keyboard and mouse combo (Very easy to find on amazon), I got on my pc to only see a X symbol by my audio, I hover over it and it says "No Audio Output is Installed" Now I'm confused because I'm using a...