Windows 10: Nothing works, and I tried to fix it myself

Discus and support Nothing works, and I tried to fix it myself in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an image that shows what happens when I turn it on. I tried every option, but it never works, I can’t even reset the pc or start up from a USB... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 2Doggo4, Nov 8, 2022.

1. 2Doggo4 Win User

Nothing works, and I tried to fix it myself

I have an image that shows what happens when I turn it on. I tried every option, but it never works, I can’t even reset the pc or start up from a USB flash drive or DVD

:)

2Doggo4, Nov 8, 2022
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 8, 2022
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 8, 2022
  4. beach004 Win User

Tried but didn't work

Not sure where or how long ago this fix originated; but it was the ticket, finally, for me. Since the last Windows 10 update--I think to 1709--my laptop would go to sleep, either after 2 minutes or sometimes after 10, seemingly randomly; I never got to see my screensaver photos because the screen would black out, even with a slideshow running.

I tried all the simpler suggestions, because I am a total computer klutz (age 75) and had always regarded editing the register as akin to touching the third rail on the subway track. But nothing at all worked, so finally I went into the recipe and followed each step. When I got to the last one, I did back up that portion of the registry, before I made the simple change from "1" to "2". Then I followed the steps to get to a chance to change the Sleep time, and sure enough, it was set to 2 minutes. I changed it to 45 or some such, and all seems to be working as it should, the next morning.

If I can do this, anyone can. Thanks!!

beach004, Nov 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Nothing works, and I tried to fix it myself - Similar Threads - Nothing works tried

2. How can I fix this by myself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this by myself?: I bought a new battery and used it for a few days. It worked fine. But After A Few Weeks, I faced this problem: My Laptop is not turning on on battery power. I tried to charge it and it didn't turn on rather the charging indicator/led light was blinking with a dim white...
  3. How can I fix this by myself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix this by myself?: I bought a new battery and used it for a few days. It worked fine. But After A Few Weeks, I faced this problem: My Laptop is not turning on on battery power. I tried to charge it and it didn't turn on rather the charging indicator/led light was blinking with a dim white...
  4. Nothing is working, is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing is working, is there a fix?: I cannot start a single thing aside from google, games, edge and a few other things. If I try to run anything as administrator, I can't. I don't know how to fix it....
  5. Nothing is working, is there a fix?

Nothing is working, is there a fix?: I cannot start a single thing aside from google, games, edge and a few other things. If I try to run anything as administrator, I can't. I don't know how to fix it....
  6. no sound, nothing I try works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, nothing I try works: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/fix-sound-or-audio-problems-in-windows-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8I followed every one of these and none of them helped, I've restarted my computer a bunch of times, and I've made sure nothing is mute but nothing makes any...
  7. no sound, nothing I try works

no sound, nothing I try works: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/fix-sound-or-audio-problems-in-windows-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8I followed every one of these and none of them helped, I've restarted my computer a bunch of times, and I've made sure nothing is mute but nothing makes any...
  8. no sound, nothing I try works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. BSOD and nothing I have tried works.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and nothing I have tried works.: Around 2 weeks ago I was playing games with my friends on my homebuilt gaming PC, and I closed a game we were playing because we were moving on to the next one. A minute or two after I closed the game, my system blue screened, giving me the error...
  10. I can only hear myself and nothing else

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can only hear myself and nothing else: I dont fucking know how, but I was changing my mic from the one on the camera I have to the one on my headset and now I can only hear myself and nothing else. help me. submitted by /u/b1_v_ [link] [comments]...