Windows 10: Nothing works on my windows 10 and Icons are missing

Discus and support Nothing works on my windows 10 and Icons are missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I just set up everything with my computer today, and after just less than an hour of using it, it crashes and freezes. At this point I hold the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeKramer2, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Nothing works on my windows 10 and Icons are missing

So I just set up everything with my computer today, and after just less than an hour of using it, it crashes and freezes. At this point I hold the button and restart it and when it loads back up none of my desktop icons are there, not just that but none of the apps work too, folders,search bar, internet explorer, or even my setting.Instead when I click them they pop up on the taskbar but nothing shows on screen. I tried restarting it multiple times but nothing and even unplugging the wires. Ctl+alt+det also doesnt work, when I try it just goes black. Any help would be appreciated .

:)

JoeKramer2, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 26, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Nothing works on my windows 10 and Icons are missing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Nothing works on my windows 10 and Icons are missing

1. Nothing works on my windows 10 and Icons are missing - Similar Threads - Nothing works Icons

2. Nothing works, windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing works, windows 10: Ok, this might be a lot, but I need help that isn't ridiculous endless internet searching. 1st it's an Acer Aspire 1 A01-131 cloudbook 11, which seemingly makes this even more difficult for the utter lack of help from Acer, aside from their community, but the little laptop is...
  3. Nothing works, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing works, windows 10: Ok, this might be a lot, but I need help that isn't ridiculous endless internet searching. 1st it's an Acer Aspire 1 A01-131 cloudbook 11, which seemingly makes this even more difficult for the utter lack of help from Acer, aside from their community, but the little laptop is...
  4. Nothing works, windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my windows nothing works

in Windows 10 Customization
    my windows nothing works: I don't know why nothing worksI can't open anything in windows like if i click on windows logo nothing happens when i trying opening setting in windows it auto closes nothing related to windows works for me help!!!!!...
  6. Nothing on my windows is working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing on my windows is working: I'm running Windows 10 and yesterday I tried launching Sea of Thieves for the first time in a couple months from the Microsoft store. Well, sea of thieves opened and I had a loading screen for about 2 minutes before it just closed. It does this every time I open it now. I...
  7. Nothing working on my windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing working on my windows 10 pro: Just today when i turned on my pc, the lock screen says that “something happened and my pin isnt available” not the exact quote then when i log in with my microsoft account password, i enter my desktop and basically all drivers such as the audio driver, network driver,...
  8. Windows 10 icons missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 icons missing: My desktop icons in windows 10 have disappeared leaving only the icon names with a blank space above. I've tried resetting the iconcache and thumbnail cache from %appdata% etc., following the windows central posts and I think successfully because the new timestamps are...
  9. Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing: Hello, Yesterday i was kind of multitasking in my computer, exporting and in the same time coding, until my computer freezes and then everything faded away. So i turned off then turned on my computer, and that is where i got to see that my desktop icons are gone. The...
  10. Windows 10 - Nothing is working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Nothing is working: Recently I have encountered this issue, when I startup my computer, I cannot open programs. Right after I signed in, I can open programs, but after a while, new tabs I open in Google Chrome cannot load anything. I checked my wifi, but that was fine. I tried to restart...