Windows 10: Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.

Discus and support Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this is a recent Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19042.746) installation as one half of a Dual Boot with Windows 7 Ultimate after months, years of holding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SleepyCrytpid, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.

So this is a recent Windows 10 Pro (OS Build 19042.746) installation as one half of a Dual Boot with Windows 7 Ultimate after months, years of holding off. Windows 10 has been...fine for the most part. Small things that were able to be improved on, if not fixed entirely.

The latest issue getting on my nerves is this audio popping I've been hearing whenever any sort of sound plays. It's been going on for a few days and is apparently a very common issue for Windows 10 users. For reference, my speakers are the Creative Pebble V3, plugged in and powered by USB.

So far I've tried the following solutions with no results:
    • Going into Power Options to set "Minimum processor state" to 100%
    • Turning off "fast startup" under Shutdown settings and restarting my PC
    • Unplugged my speakers and plugged them back in
    • Plugged in the USB cable into a different port (nothing changed between USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 ports)
    • Disabled all enhancements in the Speakers Properties
    • Unchecked anything under "Exclusive Mode", also under Speakers Properties
    • Default Format is greyed out, so I can't change that
    • Disabled AMD High Definition Audio Device under Device Manager
    • Disabled Bluetooth Collaboration under my WiFi card's Adapter Properties
    (anything else I attempted that I can think of, I'll add later)

Nothing has helped so far. I've also used DPC Latency Checker to detect any possible issues and I'm seeing all green.

I'm going to attempt to install the latest Realtek Audio drivers for Windows 10 to see if that helps and report back.
    EDIT: That didn't help.

:)

SleepyCrytpid, Jan 13, 2021

2. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.

no audio sound

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing with accessing sounds on your device?
    • Have you installed all the installed updates on your device after upgrading to Windows 10?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Method 3: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends.

1. Noticeable audio popping, both when a sound starts and when it ends. - Similar Threads - Noticeable audio popping

2. Pop noise when starting and stopping audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop noise when starting and stopping audio: There have been similar posts before but they are too specific to particular PCs. For example, when playing a sound, I'll get a small pop immediately after and possibly sometimes in between I can't remember. It's annoying. Any solutions?Thanks...
  3. Pop noise when starting and stopping audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop noise when starting and stopping audio: There have been similar posts before but they are too specific to particular PCs. For example, when playing a sound, I'll get a small pop immediately after and possibly sometimes in between I can't remember. It's annoying. Any solutions?Thanks...
  4. Popping sound from my speakers whenever sound ends or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popping sound from my speakers whenever sound ends or starts: Hello,i have a problem on my new thinkpad e15 gen4 . When ever a sound occurs and it ends there is something like a pop, silent but noticable, that occures. I tried updating my drivers changing settings but nothing has helped yet. A thing that I have recognized, was that i...
  5. Audio Problems: When Looknig for my problem I noticed that the sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Problems: When Looknig for my problem I noticed that the sound: When looking for my problem I noticed that the sound was TRYING to come out of the Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer but it showed the wrong speaker plugs, the correct speaker plugs are assigned to Realtech Audio. I tried to delete all sound devices in Device manager and restarting,...
  6. Audio Problems: When Looknig for my problem I noticed that the sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Problems: When Looknig for my problem I noticed that the sound: When looking for my problem I noticed that the sound was TRYING to come out of the Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer but it showed the wrong speaker plugs, the correct speaker plugs are assigned to Realtech Audio. I tried to delete all sound devices in Device manager and restarting,...
  7. Audio Problems: When Looknig for my problem I noticed that the sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Occasional popping sound when audio is played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional popping sound when audio is played: About a month ago I had an audio problem where when I played sound, static noise would play and would make a popping sound when it comes on and off. I changed the driver to an older version which worked until now. Whenever I play pretty much any sound, I hear a popping noise...
  9. Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse....

Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse....: See title. I have done many different things to stop this. I have done a system clean-up and restore health, I have done a full virus scan, I have made sure that my PC is windows 10 1909 version. At first I thought it was being caused by NBA 2K20, so I made sure that it was...
  10. Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse.

Experiencing freezing/stuttering when in desktop. Noticable with both audio and mouse.: See title. This has only started today. I have updated my driver and windows to the newest version. I have done a full virus scan. I do not know what else it could be....