Windows 10: Notices from google account - only calendar no emails

Discus and support Notices from google account - only calendar no emails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i rencently synced my windows calendar with my google account i use for work. Unfortunately, in the notice board i now have displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by a0394, Feb 28, 2019.

1. a0394 Win User

Notices from google account - only calendar no emails

Hi everyone,

i rencently synced my windows calendar with my google account i use for work. Unfortunately, in the notice board i now have displayed also every email i receive at that gmail address, i would like to know how to show only planned events on calendar on the notice board, and NOT the emails.
    Thank you very much for your help, best regards

:)

a0394, Feb 28, 2019
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Feb 28, 2019
  4. K Douglas Win User

Adding Google Apps account: No calendar!

I have my email on a private domain with a Google Apps account. Adding this account to my WP7 device yields only email -- no calendar. Any options for this?

K Douglas, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Notices from google account - only calendar no emails - Similar Threads - Notices google account

2. Cant send Emails from MS Mail connected Google Mail Account only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant send Emails from MS Mail connected Google Mail Account only: Hello,I have the problem when I want to send an Email from a linked Google Mail account on MS Mail it always fails. "failed to send message"I use Mail on Win 11 and have multiple accounts from different providers linked to it.The only linked accounts that don't work are the...
  3. Cant send Emails from MS Mail connected Google Mail Account only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant send Emails from MS Mail connected Google Mail Account only: Hello,I have the problem when I want to send an Email from a linked Google Mail account on MS Mail it always fails. "failed to send message"I use Mail on Win 11 and have multiple accounts from different providers linked to it.The only linked accounts that don't work are the...
  4. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  5. Google account not working in Mails and Calendar

Google account not working in Mails and Calendar: I have a Google account I want to use in the Mail and Calendar App. I can add it, but it doesn't work. In the Mails, no emails will sync. In the Calendar, there is no item under this account, which is not possible as shown in the screen shot. The account adding process goes...
  6. "Reminders" from Google Calendar to Windows Calendar are NOT syncing

"Reminders" from Google Calendar to Windows Calendar are NOT syncing: I have successfully sync Events from my Google Calendar to the built in Windows Calendar The "Reminders" in my Google Calendar are NOT syncing with the Windows Calendar OS : Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 2004 How do I resolve this?...
  7. Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Calendar: Average more novice than pro user who is setting up my new, upgraded Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptop with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge browser. Issue: My old ver of Google Calendar had notifications via email and/or screen pop-up. This new version has only pre-selected...
  8. Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar

Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar: All, I have a problem with Cortana that has been going on since the April 2018 Update. When asking "What's on my calendar for today", she responds with ok, then followed by this statement. "You don't have anything scheduled for today" I have a Google Calendar synced up with...
  9. Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar: All, I have a problem with Cortana that has been going on since the April 2018 Update. When asking "What's on my calendar for today", she responds with ok, then followed by this statement. "You don't have anything scheduled for today" I have a Google Calendar synced up with...
  10. Google Calendar uses old email address

Google Calendar uses old email address: This behaviour applies to other calendar apps on my Android phone as well. I used to have an iBurst email address. I cannot remember if I used a calendar app on my Android phone while I was iBurst. Years ago I switched from iBurst to ADSL and created a GMail address. I...