Windows 10: Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question

Discus and support Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated a W10 OS and I'm seeing something i've never seen before. The Notification Area shows left and right arrows to scroll, and a large blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidE, Feb 27, 2016.

1. DavidE Win User

Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question

I updated a W10 OS and I'm seeing something i've never seen before.
    The Notification Area shows left and right arrows to scroll, and a large blank area in the right corner.
    This is a W10 Insider Preview fast ring OS, updated to the latest offered.
    It's a bare metal install, not a VM, version info is in the screen print.

Has anyone else seen these arrows with the latest Fast Ring OS ?

I like to see all icons in the Notification Area, all the time.
    I've checked my settings, and i think they are right for me, and have always worked before this "fast ring version update".

Screen print 1 shows what i see with the latest W10 Fast Ring version.

Screen print 2 shows what i see with the latest W10 RTM version,
    this is what i like and has always worked for me in W7, W8.x, and W10 - until my latest fast ring update.

Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question [​IMG]

Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question [​IMG]

:)

DavidE, Feb 27, 2016

2. New Message Notification and Outlook Message Notification

I'am using a Lumia 730 with the latest preview build for fast ring. In the latest build I do not get any notification for new messages.

The same happens for new mails as well. The notification setting is 'On' to show toast notification. Is everyone facing the same problem or is this getting fixed in the upcoming build

SrinivasParthasarathy, Feb 27, 2016
  3. How to install Windows 10 latest builds from ISO files without losing my genuine activation?

Builds of Windows 10 come up in two different rings:

• Fast Ring:No ISO's available, only available through WU.The latest fast ring build is 10586
    • Slow ring:Available both through WU and ISO.The latest slow ring build is 10565.
    The previous slow ring build was 10240 i.e. RTM build.

As you want only through ISO, sign up to the insider program.

Change your Windows update settings to slow ring in Settings app.

Registration Link

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 27, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  5. DavidE Win User
    Changing the Input Indicator did not work for me.
    That thread shows me i am not the only one seeing this, and answers my question.
    Thank-You davidhk for the help and link !

DavidE, Feb 27, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Why don't you go back to that thread and ask Edwin ?
    He might have answer for you.

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey David,

This is a known bug in build 14271 for the taskbar notification area. If you have more than seven icons in the taskbar notification area, it will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows. Turning off the “always show all icons in the notification area” setting helps fix this for now as long as you do not set to show 7 or more icons. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 27, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Thank you, Brink.

It is DavidE asking the question.

How come my Insider Preview 14271 does not have this problem ?

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I suppose that if you already have the above turned off OR don't have many notification area icons showing it wont have this issue.

Brink, Feb 27, 2016
  10. DavidE Win User
    Thanks davidhk and Brink for the help.
    I'll turn off Always show all icons in the notification area until MS fixes this.

DavidE, Feb 27, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question - Similar Threads - Notification Area change

2. Failure to boot OS after latest Fast Ring update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure to boot OS after latest Fast Ring update: Hello! I would like to ask how to proceed with loading my OS after the latest Insider update Fast Ring failed to install. Since my laptop was low on storage prior to the update installation, I inserted an external hard drive to facilitate the update process. After some...
  3. Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985)

Not receiving builds (Fast Ring 18985): Please see my thread here https://aka.ms/AA6da6s Snippet below ------------------------------- Registry shows I am enrolled in "External" branch but not insider fast ring like I should be. I am stuck on Build 18985.vb_release.190913-1426 Windows Settings -> Update ->...
  4. Full-screen graphics performance low with latest fast ring Insider

in Windows 10 Support
    Full-screen graphics performance low with latest fast ring Insider: Hello! The title said the most. Latest Insider build - 19002.1002: 3DMark Fire strike on 18999.1 score - 17000 points 3DMark Fire strike on 19002.1002 - 12000 points But I noticed after benchmarking with Unigine Heaven that in windowed mode the peformance is normal. So only...
  5. Blues Screens after latest fast ring windows insider update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blues Screens after latest fast ring windows insider update.: Hello! I have an issue after updating to the newest windows 10 fast ring insider update. Issues im facing : 1:My PC boots up and works for about 10 seconds and after im getting a blue screen that relating to windows insider. 2:The blue screen is zoomed in my screen...
  6. Fast ring until stable build

Fast ring until stable build: Is it possible to stay in the fast ring until the next stable build then go back to stable when the new build is released becase the slow ring has barely any builds...
  7. Is there a way to change the notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change the notification area: Hi, I use Windows 10 OS. Everyday when I login to my laptop, there will be quite a number of new emails to outlook. These notifications appear on the bottom right hand side. As these numbers are many, I am unable to use any other icons there in the quick launch for...
  8. Windows Insider - Get Latest Fast Ring ISO image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Insider - Get Latest Fast Ring ISO image: How to: Windows Insider - Get Latest Fast Ring ISO image [img] Information The Windows Insider team has chosen not to release Insider ISO images until some time after a build gets released to the Slow Ring. There have been a few exceptions, but usually ISO images will be...
  9. Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build: How to: Windows Insider - Clean install latest Fast Ring build [img] Information Microsoft has a clear policy to release ISO images for Windows 10 Insiders only when a build will be released to Slow Ring. Quite a many of us keen Fast Ring Windows Insiders create an ISO...
  10. It appears that build 10575 is in the Internal Fast Ring

in Windows 10 News
    It appears that build 10575 is in the Internal Fast Ring: ]Last week gave us new builds for both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, and since then another build, 10568, has leaked on to the internet, but Microsoft is pushing ahead with new Windows Insider builds, and over the weekend Gabe Aul tweeted out that a new build has reached...