Windows 10: Notification area customize

Discus and support Notification area customize in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have 9600 machines I manage in a small school system. Is there a way through the registry or GPO to customize what icons are always shown? It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ccps, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ccps Win User

Notification area customize

Hi
    I have 9600 machines I manage in a small school system. Is there a way through the registry or GPO to customize what icons are always shown? It seems to be an all or nothing deal. I want certain ones to show and of course students don't have any access to these settings. I want to customize a few items. With everything we load up on the computers the "all" option uses 3/4 of the task bar. Not a real big deal unless you have a tablet and hold it in portrait mode. this "all" option really messes up the now very shortened up task bar. Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Customizing Icons in Notification Area

Hi,

The website content that you have mentioned was created in February 11, 2015.

In Windows 10 you would get the Notification with this icon

Notification area customize [​IMG]

Or in system settings as shown in this pic.

Hope this information helps

Ravinath P, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Customizing Icons in Notification Area

Hello,

I just upgraded my windows 8.1 to 10 today .

I found it hard to manage the Notification Area because it did not have the option like "Show icon and notifications" or "Only show Notifications", but just on and off.

Also there is no address in control panel like "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons" .

I searched some hints and it seems other windows 10 have the address given above in the control panel . source( Customize, And Show/Hide Icons From The System Tray In Windows 10 ) .

is there some error in my upgrade why can't i find the Notification Area Icons in the control panel ?

JucelJipos, Dec 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you can turn each on on and off in terms of whether it appears on the taskbar or not.

For what it's worth, these keys appear to hold these settings:
    HKU\S-1-5-21- xxxxxxxx -1001\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify\IconStreams
    HKU\S-1-5-21- xxxxxxxx -1001_Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify\IconStreams

They are lengthy.

dalchina, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Notification area customize - Similar Threads - Notification area customize

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I customize / control notification area in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I customize / control notification area in Win10: How can I control what icons are displayed in the "notification area" is that the right name?.How can I move icons from the "overflow area" to constant display? And visa versa..I know I used to be able to control it. Is this another user control feature MS has dis"improved"?...
  6. How do I customize / control notification area in Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I customize / control notification area in Win10: How can I control what icons are displayed in the "notification area" is that the right name?.How can I move icons from the "overflow area" to constant display? And visa versa..I know I used to be able to control it. Is this another user control feature MS has dis"improved"?...
  7. How To Customize Notifications Area

How To Customize Notifications Area: I am running Windows 10 Home. And here is what I want to try and do. I want to receive only notifications from select "People" that are pinned from my "People" app. Or receive only notifications from select email address from "Mail". I don't even know if I can even...
  8. notification area.

notification area.: Hi, I was wondering if it were possible too view my notifications on the left side of my screen as my task bar in down my left side. Any help would be welcomed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/26b98150-31c3-4808-b6d4-0cfc5d03f53d
  9. Customize the Notification Area Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize the Notification Area Icons: Hi ! In Windows 7 there was a pannel to customize which icons you want to show or hide in the Notification Area. Like this : [img] Does this pannel got deleted in Windows 10 ? If yes, is there a solution to hide/show icons from the notification area ? The options...
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...