Windows 10: Notification Area Display Problem

Discus and support Notification Area Display Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On Build 14271 my notification area changed to, Main monitor, [img] Other two monitors, [img] How do i get the main monitor to display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kodi, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Kodi Win User

Notification Area Display Problem

On Build 14271 my notification area changed to,

Main monitor,
    Notification Area Display Problem [​IMG]

Other two monitors,

How do i get the main monitor to display the same as the other two (without the two white bars)?

:)

2. Weather

Hi,

Upon checking, the icon that you want on the notification area is from a third party program. Microsoft has a Weather app, however, no icon will be displayed on the notification area.

Regards.

Patricia Yu, Feb 24, 2016
  3. JorieC Win User
    How to change which apps/icons will appear in the notification area?

I want the notifications area to be along the bottom of the screen. How can I change which apps/icons will appear in the notification and apps area?

Original title: Changing display

JorieC, Feb 24, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

I enabled 'Input Indicator' in Notification Settings and that got rid of the stubborn bars!

Edwin, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Kodi Win User
    Did not work.
    It was already enabled and I disabled it and nothing changed.
    Rebooted and still same problem (it enabled itself)

6. davidhk Win User
    You have 2 white bars. Each has a pointer. Left one pointing to the left. Right one pointing to the right.
    Right click at an open spot of the taskbar > Unlock taskbar.
    Can you drag the right white bar towards the right ?

davidhk, Feb 25, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Try showing all or none; either way the bars disappear.

Edwin, Feb 25, 2016
  8. Kodi Win User

@Davidnk I can drag the right hand bar to the right but it make both go away.

@Edwin showing all shows the white bars.
    showing none shows as per your second image.

Will mark as solved.

9. AndreyT Win User
    What is your scaling setting? 100% or something greater?

AndreyT, Feb 26, 2016
  10. skan Win User
    I can't drag it, and if I have more than 7 icons I still get the annoying white arrows.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    This is a known bug in build 14271 and 14279. *Smile

If you have more than seven icons in the taskbar notification area, it will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows. Turning off the “always show all icons in the notification area” setting usually helps to fix this for now as long as you do not set to show 7 or more icons.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Mar 5, 2016
  12. skan Win User
    Maybe modifying something in the registry? or some file?

Anyway, do you think it will be fixed on a simple daily update or will I need to wait till the next build release and reinstall everything?

Thema:

1. Notification Area Display Problem - Similar Threads - Notification Area Display

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  5. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  6. display problem small area

7. Notification area not on main display

Notification area not on main display: I have 3 displays 2 monitors and a TV/HDMI display. In the last week the notification area and Taskbar toolbars have been appearing on the TV display, instead of display #2 which is set as my main display in Display Settings. How can I get the notification area and Taskbar...
  8. Notification area partially displayed

Notification area partially displayed: Hi, Since i've installed windows, i have the following bug ; i can not see all the icons as, i suppose, one row of icons is missing (screenshot below). Is there a way to fix it ? Thank you [ATTACH]...
  9. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...
  10. Notification area icon problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area icon problems: Hey guys, A few days ago I started getting a pop up error message when I log in to windows. [img] Aside from this error, which from what I understand says that it is having trouble loading the icon in the notification area, I also noticed that the icons for some...