Windows 10: Notification Area hidden icons border size gets bigger randomly

Discus and support Notification Area hidden icons border size gets bigger randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows 10, sometimes when I click the UP arrow to view the rest of the notifications on the lower right side of the screen, I see that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancalimon, Jan 20, 2020.

1. ancalimon Win User

Notification Area hidden icons border size gets bigger randomly

Using Windows 10, sometimes when I click the UP arrow to view the rest of the notifications on the lower right side of the screen, I see that the notification icons (that are not visible on the task bar) have very big borders. The only way to fix this is the sign off and on again. Does anyone know what causes this and how to prevent it?

It just happened again after playing a game.

:)

ancalimon, Jan 20, 2020
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Jan 20, 2020
  3. redtuy3 Win User
    How to change size of icons in system tray / notification area?

Hi EdTittel, thank your for your answer but this is not what I asked or what I'm looking for.
    As I said, I want to change (specifically, increase) the size of the icons in the notification area (aka system tray), the size of icons in taskbar is already set as "large". I'll post an image:

Notification Area hidden icons border size gets bigger randomly [​IMG]

I'd like to increase the size of those icons.

EDIT - I forgot to say, I already read the CNET page of your post.

redtuy3, Jan 20, 2020
  4. OrLoko Win User

Reduce Notification Icons area size(bug).

So, I had this bug today with the Notifications Icons area that was "huge" compared with the icon, tried a few thing before get it back to "normal". Don't know if this is a new thing or if you guys already encounter it before.

bug version - 100% Scale, 1920x1080.

To fix it, change the scale for 125% for example than back to 100%.

Now your notification icons area should look like this:

If you know how to make it even smaller, comment below, I would like to make the grey area to be the exact same size of the icons...

OrLoko, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Notification Area hidden icons border size gets bigger randomly - Similar Threads - Notification Area hidden

2. Font size randomly getting bigger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size randomly getting bigger: When this happens, I have to change the text size from 100% to 115% or higher in Settings, then back to 100%. After that, it randomly reverts back to ~200% font size. This doesn't affect any number anywhere in Settings....
  3. Font size randomly getting bigger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size randomly getting bigger: When this happens, I have to change the text size from 100% to 115% or higher in Settings, then back to 100%. After that, it randomly reverts back to ~200% font size. This doesn't affect any number anywhere in Settings....
  4. Taskbar system icons randomly shifting to the hidden area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar system icons randomly shifting to the hidden area: I am using windows 10 on an HP laptop. I have chosen which icons I want on the taskbar volume, internet and battery in the "turn system icons on or off" section and have none that I want in the hidden notification area. Once in a while, randomly and for no apparent reason...
  5. Taskbar system icons randomly shifting to the hidden area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar system icons randomly shifting to the hidden area: I am using windows 10 on an HP laptop. I have chosen which icons I want on the taskbar volume, internet and battery in the "turn system icons on or off" section and have none that I want in the hidden notification area. Once in a while, randomly and for no apparent reason...
  6. Taskbar system icons randomly shifting to the hidden area

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons: I looked at some "search answers" here in your forum but could not. I can't find anything on my Version of Win 10 which is 10.0.19042 (build 19402) for fixing this issue. And I have no idea why it disappeared, and why the Audio Control icon appeared. The only icons I have...
  8. Reduce Notification Icons area size(bug).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce Notification Icons area size(bug).: So, I had this bug today with the Notifications Icons area that was "huge" compared with the icon, tried a few thing before get it back to "normal". Don't know if this is a new thing or if you guys already encounter it before. bug version - 100% Scale, 1920x1080. [img]...
  9. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  10. Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to increase icon size in notification area?: Same question for the System Tray? 109917