Windows 10: Notification Area Icons Missing

Discus and support Notification Area Icons Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 0ldyJ0nes80, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Notification Area Icons Missing

Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck.

Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!

:)

0ldyJ0nes80, Feb 17, 2021
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Sound Icon missing in notification area in windows 10

Hello Gary,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Please follow the below steps to turn on the notification for volume icon in the taskbar.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Control Panel and type the word 'taskbar' in the search box from the upper-right side. Once the search results are loaded, click on the link that says
      Customize the taskbar.
    • Then select Customize under Notification Area.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off and toggle the option for Volume to
      on

The Volume Mixer icon will now show up in the notification area of your taskbar.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Hans L Win User

Notification Area Icons Missing

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Notification Area Icons Missing

1. Notification Area Icons Missing - Similar Threads - Notification Area Icons

2. Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area: I have Windows 11, it's up to date, on my desktop computer. I have an internet connection through Comcast. I think it goes through a router with the cable tv, but I'm not sure. Network Connection Details says "IntelR Ethernet Connection 7I219-V"I've always had an icon for the...
  3. Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area: I have Windows 11, it's up to date, on my desktop computer. I have an internet connection through Comcast. I think it goes through a router with the cable tv, but I'm not sure. Network Connection Details says "IntelR Ethernet Connection 7I219-V"I've always had an icon for the...
  4. Unwanted icons in the notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  5. Taskbar notification area icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar notification area icons missing: Hello, can somebody help me please, some icons are "missing" from notification area, their visibility is hidden, I tried basic things to fix it and it wont work, please somebody :( https://prnt.sc/s0vj07 - next to volume icon there must be network icon and other icons too......
  6. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  7. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  8. Missing Icons inside Notification Area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Icons inside Notification Area: Hello I had the Arabic version of Windows 10 that came with a laptop so I installed the English version on it but I encountered a problem with my Notification Area (System Tray) some icon go missing inside the system tray and it always happens whenever I wake my laptop...
  9. Notification Area Icons location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  10. Some notification area icons go missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Some notification area icons go missing: Just recently I've noticed that some of the icons in the notification area disappear. The come back after a reboot but then disappear again at a later stage. I've run the Reset Notification Area batch file from Brink's tutorial but the problem keeps recurring. I also...