Windows 10: Notification Area Scroll Arrows

Discus and support Notification Area Scroll Arrows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently formatted my laptop and performed a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything was going well, until I noticed that when I have more than 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kevdammit, Mar 4, 2016.

1. kevdammit Win User

Notification Area Scroll Arrows

I recently formatted my laptop and performed a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything was going well, until I noticed that when I have more than 4 icons in the Notification Area, I get scroll arrows to scroll left or right, instead of the Notification Area just resizing to accommodate more icons. It also adds space to the right of the time, which is weird. This happens regardless of how many applications I have open, even having nothing at all open. I've tried using small taskbar buttons, and changing all the taskbar settings I can find, but it does exactly the same.

This is how many icons I usually have:

Notification Area Scroll Arrows [​IMG]

When it works with 4 icons (plus Notification Icon):

And when I try add more than 4 icons - notice the scroll arrows on the left and right, plus blank space:

Anybody know how to fix this?

:)

kevdammit, Mar 4, 2016
  2. CNV_859 Win User

How to set up POP3 Email account in Windows 10

Scroll down and you'll see it... It's confusing because the scroll bar is so thin it's almost invisible... Also, to make sure you are not scrolling inside the select fields, move the mouse arrow on the white area of the sync settings box... If your mouse
    doesn't have the scroll button, click anywhere on the white area of the sync settings box and tap on the down arrow on the keyboard...

CNV_859, Mar 4, 2016
  3. RPG17A Win User
    How do i pin wifi icon to taskbar Win 10

Hi Nic

Hopefully it may just be switched off, go to Settings>Personalisation>Taskbar and scroll to Notifications Area and click on Select which Icons appear on the Taskbar and click to turn on wifi icon if it's off. Also click on the Show
    Hidden Icons pointer(upwards pointing arrow) on the right of the taskbar and if wifi icon shows you can click and drag it to the taskbar.

RPG17A, Mar 4, 2016
  4. kevdammit Win User

Nevermind, looks like a bug with the latest Insider build.

kevdammit, Mar 4, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 4, 2016
  6. kevdammit Win User
    Busy downloading build 14279, hopefully that fixes it *sarc

kevdammit, Mar 4, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Nope. It's still there in build 14279 for me. *Sad

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Notification Area Scroll Arrows - Similar Threads - Notification Area Scroll

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notification area stopped showing the arrow thing ^

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification area stopped showing the arrow thing ^: [IMG] After windows update it stop showing, anyone know what's the problem here? My taskbar without the ^ icon submitted by /u/Kenendy001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xsqpjl/notification_area_stopped_showing_the_arrow_thing/
  6. Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons: I looked at some "search answers" here in your forum but could not. I can't find anything on my Version of Win 10 which is 10.0.19042 (build 19402) for fixing this issue. And I have no idea why it disappeared, and why the Audio Control icon appeared. The only icons I have...
  7. Arrow keys not scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not scrolling: I know what you're thinking turn scroll-lock off it is I think I hit a button combination or something but when I do down or up arrow it does not scroll but picks individual things like when I try to scroll through google it just goes to each link....
  8. scroll arrows not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scroll arrows not working: My scroll arrows do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-arrows-not-working/4678ac9a-baa0-4d16-93e8-34abbd7c06bb
  9. Change notification area expansion arrow icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change notification area expansion arrow icon: So. I am and have been looking for a way to change the system tray arrow icon that shows you the icons that are in the tray once you click on it [img] I highlighted it in pink. I want to change that icon. 84278
  10. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...