Windows 10: Notification badges for messages no longer working after Microsoft Launcher updated on 5/4

Discus and support Notification badges for messages no longer working after Microsoft Launcher updated on 5/4 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Samsung Galaxy 10 with Microsoft Launcher installed. Prior to the update on 5/4 the messages app would should me the notification count of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JFinn2020, May 5, 2020.

1. JFinn2020 Win User

Notification badges for messages no longer working after Microsoft Launcher updated on 5/4

I have Samsung Galaxy 10 with Microsoft Launcher installed. Prior to the update on 5/4 the messages app would should me the notification count of the unread messages even if you cleared the notification. After the update since Cortana is no longer available the messages are no longer showing the unread count. As soon as you clear the notification the notification badge goes away. Is there anyway I can fix this?

:)

JFinn2020, May 5, 2020
  2. traxnine Win User

Microsoft launcher notification badges keeps getting switched off

I solved this by :

1. Backup my Launcher configuration

2. Reinstall Launcher:

2a. Remove Launcher

2b. Install Launcher

3. Accept all default configuration

4. Set Launcher as Default Launcher

4a. Restore Settings from Backup

5. Goto Android Settings and set Notification Badges Access for Launcher is Allowed

6. Goto LAuncher Settings and set Notification Badges to ON

6a. Set which applications allowed to show Badges. Mine is set to ALL

===

traxnine, May 5, 2020
  3. Raysim52 Win User
    Microsoft launcher - notification badges numbers are not working on my Verizon LG V30 running Android Oreo

LG V30 settings, general, apps & notifications, notifications, icon badges - I selected show with number.

LG V30 settings, general, apps & notifications, apps info, app notification (for each app) - I turned on Icon badge.

Microsoft launcher home screen settings, personalization, notification badges, display number - I selected badge number.

Also in Microsoft launcher home screen settings, personalization, notification badges, Notification badge FAQ - the steps to Enable Notification setting are as follows;

Notification badges for messages no longer working after Microsoft Launcher updated on 5/4 408ebc58-4bf8-4fe1-8b71-fc412da249e1?upload=true.png

The following is the screen shoot for the above on my Verizon LG V30 running Android 8.0 (Oreo). Notice the Notification Badges switch is missing;

Notification badges for messages no longer working after Microsoft Launcher updated on 5/4 73f6b1b1-c6f2-450b-9135-d260c6814542?upload=true.png

I have tried rebooting the phone - notification badge numbers still don't work.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Apps - notification badge numbers still don't work.

Also why does the Microsoft Launcher home screen settings, personalization, notification badges, Notification badge FAQ on the phone show a switch to enable the Notifications Badges but there is no such setting on the phones Microsoft
    Launcher home screen settings?

Thanks

Ray

Raysim52, May 5, 2020
  4. Raysim52 Win User

Notification badges for messages no longer working after Microsoft Launcher updated on 5/4

Microsoft launcher - notification badges numbers are not working on my Verizon LG V30 running Android Oreo

The steps I took to turn on Notification badges agree with what you have suggested and I did turn on
    notification badges in all apps.

The reason I posted this issue on this site is because Microsoft is the developer of this app.

Raysim52, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Notification badges for messages no longer working after Microsoft Launcher updated on 5/4 - Similar Threads - Notification badges messages

2. Printers no longer works after microsoft update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers no longer works after microsoft update: There was a Microsoft update in December, since then I have been unable to use my printer HP 2710e or use the "save to pdf" function in Excel. I keep receiving the message "current printer is unavailable. select another printer" when trying to save to pdf.When checking my...
  3. Printers no longer works after microsoft update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers no longer works after microsoft update: There was a Microsoft update in December, since then I have been unable to use my printer HP 2710e or use the "save to pdf" function in Excel. I keep receiving the message "current printer is unavailable. select another printer" when trying to save to pdf.When checking my...
  4. notification badge not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification badge not showing up: I have badges enabled but they won't show up on the mail app, plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-badge-not-showing-up/313a725a-3f07-4542-9778-5c93c3fbebb8
  5. Microsoft is improving notifications and badging in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving notifications and badging in Microsoft Edge: Notifications are an important part of the web, helping users stay up to date about what’s going on. Earlier this summer we announced a set of changes to make notification requests less distracting for users. This was just the first step, and we are working to...
  6. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working: Just recently my mouse buttons 4 and 5 quit working. It is a Corsair m65 mouse. I have looked in there software and it is set as back and forward for webpages. I have tried it on other devices and it works correctly without any software. Its win10 on a PC I built myself....
  7. Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Microsoft To-Do badge notifications: In the MS To-Do shortcut on my taskbar, there is a badge notification of "2" in a small blue circle. It's been there for some time, and I don't know which To-Do items are causing this notification. Can someone please tell me how to find these 2 items in To-Do and get rid of...
  8. notification badges not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notification badges not showing up: whenever i get a notification i always see the app flash orange and it shows up in action centre. ive checked and all apps have show notification banners on but it still wont show. im probably missing something obvious. is there a fix? submitted by /u/Falcongamerabc...
  9. Skype notifications no longer works after update to 15.61.87.0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype notifications no longer works after update to 15.61.87.0: Windows 10 notificaions no longer works, the Skype app is enabled as Background App. I can reproduce it on multiple devices. Feedback Hub link https://aka.ms/AA8ru1k submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments]...
  10. notification badge appears whenever there is notification but after clicking on the icon no...

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification badge appears whenever there is notification but after clicking on the icon no...: Whenever a notification comes, the notification badge appears. But sometimes when i click on the icon in the system tray ,it doesn't open. No matter how many times i click it the Quick action center(where notification are shown as well as quick access buttons in windows 10)...