Windows 10: Notification Banner change not being saved

Discus and support Notification Banner change not being saved in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to Settings, System, Notifications & actions and turn off all notification for the app Cloud-ui.exe it turns off. When I go to reboot the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by royb, Feb 6, 2016.

1. royb Win User

Notification Banner change not being saved

When I go to Settings, System, Notifications & actions and turn off all notification for the app Cloud-ui.exe it turns off. When I go to reboot the app is turned on again.
    I also clicked on the app in settings and turned off the sound. That stayed off after reboot. When I turn off banners it will not be saved when I reboot.
    Any suggestion? This app is for my Synology cloud and every time a file is changed the banner shows. It is very annoying.

:)

royb, Feb 6, 2016

2. Cortana stopped reading text messages

I ran into this problem as well when I disabled banner notifications for Messaging in notification+actions. Even though notifications were still being displayed in action center. As soon as I turned banner notifications back on, she started reading my
    texts again.

FX45guy2006, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Angie K M Win User
    Problems after Windows 10 Creators update

Hi Lizette,

Thanks for the info, I had previously checked I had the up to date version of Windows 10 Mail (which I did have) so I tried the troubleshooter which found and fixed a problem with the mail cache.

The next time I received a mail the notifications worked and when a further mail came in I also had a notification, but previously once I had opened the mail the notifications (mail and notification banners and Action Centre) automatically cleared, this
    did not happen this time and I had to clear the notifications myself, clearing them from the Action Centre (which cleared the notifications banner) and then having to go into the mail settings to the CHANGE MAILBOX SYNC SETTINGS, I open the sync settings but
    just click on done then save and the mail notification banner clears from the email icon (the notification banner is just the number of emails that have been delivered to my windows 10 mail).

So, good to have the notifications back but having to clear the notifications from both the Action Centre and the mail settings is annoying. can you or anyone else offer any further help so that the notification banners automatically clear after I open the
    email (as they always did before the Creators update arrived on my PC.

Thanks.

Angie K M, Feb 6, 2016
  4. pcraven Win User

I'm also experiencing this issue. It's the Synology Cloud Station sync app.

pcraven, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Notification Banner change not being saved - Similar Threads - Notification Banner change

2. Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner: Hello, everyone. I just want to ask about my Microsoft Edge icon in notification centre and banner. Whenever there are notifications came in, the Microsoft Edge icon will come together in the notification centre and banner. However, the icon has the background of blue colour,...
  3. Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner: Hello, everyone. I just want to ask about my Microsoft Edge icon in notification centre and banner. Whenever there are notifications came in, the Microsoft Edge icon will come together in the notification centre and banner. However, the icon has the background of blue colour,...
  4. Changing icon's background colour at notification centre and banner

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. unwanted banner notification

unwanted banner notification: MS sends me a notification stating an issue with password change. I have repeated a reply several times but keep getting same notification. The password change was over a year ago. What can I do?...
  6. How to change notification banner

How to change notification banner: My app notification banner looks like this [ATTACH] How do I change it to look like this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-notification-banner/559b5c96-7c47-467f-aead-f4898979f07b
  7. Notifications banners

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications banners: Two days ago I ran an upgrade and update from my Dell laptop and lost a couple of files which have since returned to normal, but I seem to have lost the notifications banners in Action Centre. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome is my browser. I'm not at all technically...
  8. Banner notification not working

Banner notification not working: My banner notification is not working although banner notification is already on. I already tried the sfc scan solution I read but it did not work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/banner-notification-not-working/cc48011e-6f6b-4bb4-b8a5-5bb531eb49cd
  9. Moving the notification banner

Moving the notification banner: Hi, Is it possible to move the location of the notification banner? It popping up in the bottom right very often covers the command line that I am using when I am using split screen terminal, which is frustrating. A few people have asked about this, and the answer seems to...
  10. Notification banners not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification banners not working: I don't see any notification banners and its all turned on. How do i fix it? submitted by /u/anonymous12895190257 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gme9wy/notification_banners_not_working/