Windows 10: Notification Box has minus sign

Discus and support Notification Box has minus sign in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just noticed my notification icon has changed and now has a little minus sign in the bottom right corner of it. What does this mean? I have most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carrotmuseum, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Notification Box has minus sign

Just noticed my notification icon has changed and now has a little minus sign in the bottom right corner of it. What does this mean?

I have most app notifications set to "on" only mail and onedrive are selected to be off.

:)

carrotmuseum, Sep 10, 2015
  2. cookiecon Win User

In W10 my 'New Notifications" got turned off, how do you turn it on?

Bottom right hand corner of W10 screen there is a white box with 3 lines, it is for new notifications. All of a sudden there is a minus sign and I find it has been turned off. How can I turn it back on? All help appreciated.

cookiecon, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Strange icon in windows action center!

This is a bug because my notifications setting is on. However if you turn notifications off and then on again the minus sign disappears. It only happens after a cold startup but it is driving me crazy.

DesmondScerri, Sep 10, 2015
  4. Notification Box has minus sign

The little minus means that Quiet Hours are turned on

If just clicking on it doesn't remove it, try right clicking the icon, turn quiet hours on, then turn it off again

Have occasionally seen it where it sticks and thinks that Quiet Hours are enabled

paulsalter, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Since the recent update it now appears with the minus sign on start up. OK, yes turn it one and off again fixes it, BUT only for this session. anyone reporting this to M/s?

carrotmuseum, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Notification Box has minus sign

1. Notification Box has minus sign - Similar Threads - Notification Box has

2. Windows 11 Minus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Minus: Hi all,I'm wondering, if Microsoft is flexible enough to offer Win10 users an update to Windows 11 on "non-compliant" systems. Let's take my case. My PC is "incompatible" for 2 reasons. My processor i7-6700 is not listed but performing very well on Windows 10 and before on...
  3. Windows 11 Minus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Minus: Hi all,I'm wondering, if Microsoft is flexible enough to offer Win10 users an update to Windows 11 on "non-compliant" systems. Let's take my case. My PC is "incompatible" for 2 reasons. My processor i7-6700 is not listed but performing very well on Windows 10 and before on...
  4. Notifications box in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications box in window 11: Hello,I just upgraded from window 10 to window 11 and need help with disable notifications feature in the settings. I did turned OFF all notifications by doing in Settings > System > Notifications. My question is that why empty box still showing at above the Time/Calendrer...
  5. Notifications box in window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications box in window 11: Hello,I just upgraded from window 10 to window 11 and need help with disable notifications feature in the settings. I did turned OFF all notifications by doing in Settings > System > Notifications. My question is that why empty box still showing at above the Time/Calendrer...
  6. Sign-in box missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in box missing: [IMG] Everytime I type or click on the screen, it goes black and then back again at the attached picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-box-missing/65e2245d-f2eb-4b0a-b1a2-7920e9653b0c
  7. Notification box in wrong area of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification box in wrong area of screen: Hi, this is a suggestion for the notification box always popping up in the wrong part of the screen - sometimes in the middle, sometimes partway off the screen. It apparently occurs because of an issue connecting to external monitors. Might I suggest allowing the user to...
  8. notification box

notification box: notification box shows a number (number of updates I have) but when I click on it, it doesn't show any updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-box/469ab375-18c7-4040-a10a-832d521c1bc7
  9. Notification has disappeared

Notification has disappeared: Please help me notification in Windows 10 after the last update 1809 has disappeared from action center and I tried all the solutions on the Internet and did not succeed in any way...
  10. White boxes for icons in Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for icons in Notification Area: Running Win 10, build 16299. I used a program, "Dir Icon" to change the icons in the Notification Area" of This PC. I opened My PC on startup last week and all the drive icons had turned into white square boxes. I tried everything I could find to repair the icons, even...