Windows 10: Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What?

Discus and support Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows shows Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. Is there a way to figure out what Windows will be fixing should I decide to 'fix'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tfwul, Oct 7, 2015.

1. tfwul Win User

Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What?

Windows shows Can't install updates. Select this message to fix.

Is there a way to figure out what Windows will be fixing should I decide to 'fix' it?

Thanks.

=

Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What? [​IMG]

=

:)

tfwul, Oct 7, 2015

2. Can't Install Updates. Click this Message to Fix Synaptics-Pointing Drawing-Synaptics PS/2 Touchpad

I found that it has to do with UAC. When I had to install separate drivers, I had the same issue.

Go into UAC (User Account Control Settings) and move the slider all the way down (Note where it is to reset it after the update)

Open Task Manager and scroll down for "Consent" End the process for any Consent.exe that you see.

Go back into windows update (You should see the Install button now is available). Click it and watch the updates happen. After your updates are installed, then go back into UAC and reset the slider to it's original position.

Hope this helps

SandraClarkDC, Oct 7, 2015
  3. JudieArgo Win User
    Can't Install Updates. Click this Message to Fix Synaptics-Pointing Drawing-Synaptics PS/2 Touchpad

I did not get an error code, however, I went to the link you gave me and found a driver update for Synaptics. I've installed that so, hopefully, that resolves the issue.

Thanks

JudieArgo, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What?

Cluster Head, Oct 7, 2015
  5. tfwul Win User
    Thanks. When doing a search for just "Can't install updates." here on Tenforums, a lot of hits show up, but I haven't found 1 solution as to _what_ exactly cannot be installed. Maybe, when 'fixing' this via Windows, I may be installing something I don't want.

At best there is a workaround by from TairikuOkami in the thread "Choose when to install updates? " see Choose when to install updates? - Windows 10 Forums
    A similar search but "Choose what to install' = no hits.

I think Microsoft needs to improve that part and at least add name of developer and product description.
    =

tfwul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What?

1. Notification: Can't install updates. Select this message to fix. What? - Similar Threads - Notification Can't install

2. How to fix this ? can't install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  3. How to fix this ? can't install update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  4. What is this message and what should I do to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this message and what should I do to fix it?: Every time I connect to the internet this message is displayed and I want to know why this message is displayed and how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-message-and-what-should-i-do-to-fix/894a096a-c946-4fed-ab31-cc1e9deb41c6
  5. Selective Tool error message - what??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Selective Tool error message - what??: In the last couple of week, I've been getting an error message that says essentially "Selective Tool is not working" when I click to select something - whether in Windows Explorer, in Photoshop, in LIghtroom, etc. Seems to be application agnostic. The mouse pointer freezes -...
  6. Can't update a selected driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update a selected driver: For several weeks, an optional driver update is showing up in Windows Update. When I click onView optional updates, and then View updates, here's what it says: [ATTACH] When I check the option to install, Windows Update doesn't install it. It just seems to look at it for...
  7. Can't fix windows update installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't fix windows update installer: Everything listed here didn't work. - First thing I did was to restart and try again. - I then ran troubleshooting, and it said that I should run both the DISM and SFC commands prompt as admin but in the end nothing happened, "Windows Resource Protection could not perform...
  8. How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?: Am seeking a way to unlock VHD / VHDX files more easily. I know there are a few ways to unlock these virtual disks, but they usually require a number of steps. (or a script or task scheduler setup). I am not an expert but I might / might have found a slightly faster way. I...
  9. How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to set time for notification "Select what happens with..." ?: Am seeking a way to unlock VHD / VHDX files more easily. I know there are a few ways to unlock these virtual disks, but they usually require a number of steps. (or a script or task scheduler setup). I am not an expert but I might / might have found a slightly faster way. I...
  10. Can't delete or fix iCloud notification

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete or fix iCloud notification: My daughter's Windows 10 Laptop gives her a notification that her iCloud is almost full. She gets it about every 20 minutes or so. She knows nothing about iCloud and neither do I. So, how do I get rid of this notification? 54491

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10cant install updates message?

2. cant install updates click here to fix message

3. repeated message that says cant install updates

4. notifications messagee cant intall updates,
  5. cant install updates message,
  6. when you get an alert saying cant install updates select this message to fix