Windows 10: Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.

Discus and support Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Problem 1 - In the top right corner of my desktop, I have an Icon, that every time I reboot, log in, or refresh the desktop, it moves back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xioto_, Feb 2, 2021.

1. /u/Xioto_ Win User

Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.

Problem 1 -

In the top right corner of my desktop, I have an Icon, that every time I reboot, log in, or refresh the desktop, it moves back to the left-hand side, where there is a space.

Problem 2 -

In the Notification Sidebar thing, the "Quick Actions" on the right are cut off slightly, the only changes to my PC, is I updated to the Latest Dev Release, and updated to the latest Intel Graphics Drivers for UHD 630.

Note - Problem 1 began before the updates.

Here is a video of the Icon Problem, and the Notification Problem.

Any more info, just ask.

submitted by /u/Xioto_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xioto_, Feb 2, 2021

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 2, 2021
  3. notification icon

Hi,

The notification area or action center is the message bubble icon located at the right side of your task bar. We recommend following these steps to turn this icon on:

• Right click on your task bar.
    • Select Settings.
    • Scroll down to Notification area.
    • Select Turn system icons on or off.
    • Click button parallel to the Action Center to turn it on.
    • Close the Settings page and check if the action center is already appearing.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.

Cannot display Notifications in Action Center after last WIN10 update

Hi Robert,

I completely missed this post!

Just wanted to know that I finally "woke up" the Action Center
    with the help of your last suggestion to change to "Tablet Mode".

This is what I did:

• Went to Settings > System > Tablet Mode
    • Changed default on sign-in from Use Desktop Mode to Tablet Mode.
    • Restarted my machine and logged back in to activate Tablet Mode.
    • Checked Notification Icon > lit with same 4 notifications displaying. Clicked and it opened!
    • Repeated Step 1 and changed from Tablet Mode to Use the Appropriate mode for my hardware.
    • Restarted machine and opened Action center in various ways (icon, WIN+A). All good!
    Now that it is working correctly, do you think it would be a good idea to Uninstall the 15063.540 Update? I do note that even after my Action Center Fix that to turn on Narrator, I hit WIN+Enter. CTRL+WIN+Enter does
    not work.

Appreciate all your help and suggestions!

Maureen

MaureenKilcoyne, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems.

1. Notification Center, and Desktop Icon Problems. - Similar Threads - Notification Center Desktop

2. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  3. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  4. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem notifications on the side notification center

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem notifications on the side notification center: Hi everyone, in practice when I get a notification of any application on the sidebar on Windows 10 and I press on the notification itself no longer opens the program, which I did before with the previous version of Windows, I have the 1903. How do I solve? 140240
  6. Problem with Notifications in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Notifications in Action Center: I am having a weird issue with notifications for the Action Center. It will work correctly for a while after a reboot (i.e. the icon will change to white with black lines and the proper number of notifications will show up) and then after a while (still not sure what...
  7. Windows 10 notification center problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 notification center problems: Hi. I really like windows 10 aside from a couple of really annoying glitches, as common in any windows experience I guess. Windows 10 notification center sometimes works like a charm for me, sometimes I don't get any notifications. Namely facebook messages...
  8. The Notification Center icon needs to be red

in Windows 10 Support
    The Notification Center icon needs to be red: Right? Shouldn't it stand out more, like change to red, if you miss a notification? Changes from black to white just isn't enough imo 14007
  9. Sound Icon missing notification center

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Icon missing notification center: Hello, yesterday my sound icon disappeared from my notification center. I have searched the internet for a solution and the ones I have found have not worked. In the enable windows icons page, the switch for the sound icon is grayed out. I cant change my volume so please...
  10. Win10 x64 Notification Center problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 x64 Notification Center problems: Hi I have a lil problem with my notification center.. The problem is i cant get any notifications and can't change any options that belong to it... [img] [img] Would like to know is there any solution to this ? All help is much apprectiated 10720