Windows 10: Notification center and settings issues

Discus and support Notification center and settings issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My notifications and action center recently crashed. It is blank if it actually opens and will close after a few seconds automatically. The main fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sthxj, Jul 11, 2020.

1. /u/Sthxj Win User

Notification center and settings issues

My notifications and action center recently crashed. It is blank if it actually opens and will close after a few seconds automatically. The main fix seems to involves the background apps setting and them not being allowed to run in the background, however when I open settings and select privacy then background apps, settings freezes and then crashes (all other settings are working fine). Unsure if its relevant but in a previous attempt to fix this I renamed the UsrClass.dat file however it seemed to rename the original and produce a second much smaller .dat file. Really in need of help here. If you need any other information or have a link to fix these please comment it, i can't seem to find anything.

submitted by /u/Sthxj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sthxj, Jul 11, 2020

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Phone to Action Center Notifications not working

Hi,

It is possible that is why you're unable to get notification message, is can be due to wrong notification settings. To better assist you and clarify your concern kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages if you modify notification settings?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this article:
    Change notification settings in action center.
    It will let you modify notification settings.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Notification center and settings issues

Windows 10 Notification in Action Center

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Are you able connected to internet?
    • Are you able to login to your Microsoft account automatically?

I suggest you to check if the Mail notifications are set to on in your system. Follow the steps provided below to set Mail notification on.

• In search box, type Notification.
    • Click on Notification & action settings.
    • Under show notification for these app.
    • Check if the Mail app notification is on.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Notification center and settings issues

1. Notification center and settings issues - Similar Threads - Notification center settings

2. Notifications Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications Center: Can someone help me? Because whenever I swipe my touchpad the notification center keeps popping out. Even I disable it, it keeps popping out whenever I swipe my touchpad. It annoys me because I keep accidentally swiping it and then it keeps popping out. Please help me....
  3. Notifications Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications Center: Can someone help me? Because whenever I swipe my touchpad the notification center keeps popping out. Even I disable it, it keeps popping out whenever I swipe my touchpad. It annoys me because I keep accidentally swiping it and then it keeps popping out. Please help me....
  4. Notifications Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notification center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  6. notification center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  7. Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center

Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center: Hello, I'm having issues with the notifications for the action center. The action center on windows 10 is working well, except that I want to get notifications for some apps like Brave, a new browser that i had installed for two or three weeks and it did not appear on the...
  8. Notification Center

Notification Center: Notifications are showing up on the primary monitor even after I moved the primary task bar to the secondary monitor. I want my notifications to show up on secondary monitor for when I play games or watch something on the primary monitor. Is this possible? I need my primary...
  9. Notification Center

Notification Center: Hello, today i switched off my DiscordPTB app on no notification for trying some assets cause i don't know why even i got everything my discord dont send me notification. By the way when i switched on OFF i can't put on ON cause u can see on the screen is unselectable...can...
  10. notification center

notification center: in windows 10 1089 the notification center does not show the notifications . only the icon next to the date gets white but when i press it the notification opens without any notification displayed.......