Windows 10: Notification center does not open and no sound on new user session

Discus and support Notification center does not open and no sound on new user session in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently created a session for my wife to use on my laptop (ASUS N552VX). Problem is, on the new session the Notification center does not open, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nycticorax, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Notification center does not open and no sound on new user session

I recently created a session for my wife to use on my laptop (ASUS N552VX). Problem is, on the new session the Notification center does not open, and when switching from one session to the other (while both sessions are active) the audio totally shuts down.

Am I crazy to think that audio drivers and Notifiction center don't support simultaneous multiple sessions?

Also as a disclaimer, I have already done that:

Method 2:

Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

Click File > Run New Task

Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

Type CMD

Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannow
    powershell
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Close the CMD window

with no improvement noticed.

:)

Nycticorax, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Neek Win User

Taskbar in-line notification center w/ number of new notifications

Here's animated illustration made in PS

Notification center does not open and no sound on new user session [​IMG]

At the moment the user has to manually check if he's got any emails or other stuff, by opening the start menu, but this let's him know as soon as he gets any, however here's the cool thing...it won't annoy the user with Big pop ups and sounds.
    Plus if he's been AFK for a while, he'll see number of new notification's he's got in the meantime.
    Hope you like it, if you do please support it HERE

3. how to let a clicked notification of a new email in the notification center, let you open that email in a Outlkook 2016 (locally installed) instead of the Mail app?

More information ...

I tried also with another PC, a Surface 3 one and the Outlook 2016 issue related to Notification Center is the same even doing all the steps previously suggested: this time all the new email are listed in the Notification Center but always greyed a, when
    clicked, no email is opened.

PS: I had to reply, because I could not even modify the previous post (clicking to "... " did not open the editing mode: is there something wrong with this Community forum??

Enzo Contini, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Notification center does not open and no sound on new user session

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Notification center does not open and no sound on new user session

1. Notification center does not open and no sound on new user session - Similar Threads - Notification center does

2. Notification Center won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Center won't open: Since I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I have not been able to open the Notification Center. Sometimes it will look like it's opening, but it immediately closes. This happens both when clicking the date/time as well as when using Win-N. Quick Settings Win-A works as...
  3. Notification Center won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Center won't open: Since I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I have not been able to open the Notification Center. Sometimes it will look like it's opening, but it immediately closes. This happens both when clicking the date/time as well as when using Win-N. Quick Settings Win-A works as...
  4. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  5. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification center won't open Action center: Hi there, I've encountered this rare bug while trying to personalize the Notification and Action center not sure of the exact terminology, Microsoft was never good with it. I wanted to check if I had the relevant shortcuts in there I don't care much about notifications. I...
  6. Notification center won't open Action center

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Action center & notifications does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center & notifications does not work: I stopped getting notifications and found out Action Center isnt working either. When I click the AC button, all I see is a rectangle box in the bottom right.I've tried SFC, DISM fix, Powershell re-register, etc. Any other ideas are appreciated.Bob...
  8. notifications or action center wont open

notifications or action center wont open: I cant right swipe on edge of surface 3 to get notifications or action center to open or get any of the icon on bottom right of task bar open. Can anyone help?...
  9. Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?

Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?: Notification says 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications. The 6 is still there but never do I ever see notifications in the action center when I used to for the first couple months after I upgraded to Windows 10 in December 2017. This has been...
  10. Sound Icon missing notification center

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Icon missing notification center: Hello, yesterday my sound icon disappeared from my notification center. I have searched the internet for a solution and the ones I have found have not worked. In the enable windows icons page, the switch for the sound icon is grayed out. I cant change my volume so please...