Windows 10: notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why?

Discus and support notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I Have an older dell laptop running windows 10. I have installed all updates and have not changed any settings. Several times the action center will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevanbrannon, Mar 27, 2019.

1. notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why?

I Have an older dell laptop running windows 10. I have installed all updates and have not changed any settings. Several times the action center will just stop working. nothing will come up when I click the icon or right click and select open action center. have to restart to get functionality back. I have also noticed that several of the ms services will use 100 percent of hard drive.

:)

kevanbrannon, Mar 27, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 27, 2019
  3. artins90 Win User
    Action Center stopped working after 1809

So I just realized that I am not getting any notifications, I check with several programs and with Notifications Visualizer app from the store.
    The weirdest thing is that the speech bubble icon shows the notification count correctly but no notification sound or toast is displayed when the notification arrives and on top of that, after opening the action center itself, the notifications don't appear in the list, it's completely empty.

I tried to create a new user and without even restarting the pc, I just logged off and switched account, the notifications work on the other account.

Focus assist is disabled, I double checked.

Do you happen to know any way to reset the action center?
    The event viewer lists:

Toast with notification tracking id 46 is being delivered to 58300WindowsNotifications.NotificationsVisualizer_8rkfj2ay7vd1w!App on session 1.

Start Toast Notification Forwarding activity

Stop Toast Notification Forwarding activity

58300WindowsNotifications.NotificationsVisualizer_8rkfj2ay7vd1w!App looks like an app, maybe reinstalling it could fix the issue?

artins90, Mar 27, 2019
  4. notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why?

Action Center Notifications Stopped Working

Inexplicably, the Action Center notifications started working correctly again on their own. Many thanks to all for your suggestions.

RafaelLecuona, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why?

1. notification center stops working. Have to restart to get it back. Why? - Similar Threads - notification center stops

2. Keep having to re-register ACTION CENTER to get notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep having to re-register ACTION CENTER to get notifications: Everytime Windows is restarted, I have to re-register ACTION CENTER to get start getting notifications. Why is this happening and how can I prevent this from keep happening? Steps to reproduce:Reboot computerForce any notification to be shown. Examples on how to do it:Open...
  3. Keep having to re-register ACTION CENTER to get notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep having to re-register ACTION CENTER to get notifications: Everytime Windows is restarted, I have to re-register ACTION CENTER to get start getting notifications. Why is this happening and how can I prevent this from keep happening? Steps to reproduce:Reboot computerForce any notification to be shown. Examples on how to do it:Open...
  4. Keep having to re-register ACTION CENTER to get notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notifications and Action Center not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  6. Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Outlook notifications in Action Center?: Is there any way to prevent Outlook from putting a notification in Action Center every time I get an email? I still want the pop up, but I don't want a whole list of emails in there. I tried unchecking "Show notifications in Action Center" for Outlook in Notification...
  7. Notification center: Why the silly notification?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification center: Why the silly notification?: Hi, First off, I really don't quite understand the need for the action / notification center. It seems to be a place to state the obvious.. The thing that really bugs me, and the reason for writing: Is that while I have all my notifications turned off, I keep getting...
  8. Action Center stopped showing notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Action Center stopped showing notifications: I upgraded to Windows 10, version 1803 and noticed an issue. The Action Center stopped showing notifications. It is an icon in the right bottom corner of the screen. When I click on it, I cannot see any notifications. What is the solution?...
  9. not getting notifications in action center

not getting notifications in action center: Hello I have been using windows 10 for a while now and i have always got notifications but just recently at random times i will stop getting them the action center in the bottom right says that i have X amount of notifications but when i open the action center it says that i...
  10. Can't turn back on notifications for python.exe in Windows Notification Center

Can't turn back on notifications for python.exe in Windows Notification Center: I was trying to write a script for toast notifications in Windows in Python2.7 . I was able to do that but at one point I accidently "Turned off Notifications for python.exe". After that, I am not able to undo what I did. I can't find Python as an app in the Notification...