Notification - Check virus protection

Discus and support Notification - Check virus protection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by noels7, Jun 7, 2018.

1. noels7 Win User

Hi

I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection.

Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off.
    Tap or click to see installed antivirus.

After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and Maintenance and advises of installed virus protection off:
    Malwarebytes off
    Webroot SecureAnywhere off
    Windows Defender antivirus off

Clicking on each to turn on results in nothing happening.

I have searched forum, Google and have tried gpedit.msc and searched Settings to try and find a solution.
    I also get : *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

I don't fully understand because I am the Administrator of this computer or am I missing the obvious.

I would be highly appreciative if anyone can assist or advise to rectify this problem.

Noel Southam

:)

noels7, Jun 7, 2018
  2. karinford Win User

Getting message to check virus protection notification

Original Title: check virus protection notification

my virus and malware and firewall and all protection is up and running all the time and i am continually getting notifcations that they are turned off and to check, what is going on?

karinford, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Notification - Check virus protection - Similar Threads - Notification Check virus

2. Informing MS about a Virus NOT detected by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Informing MS about a Virus NOT detected by Windows Defender: How do we inform MS about a virus on my system, that is NOT being detected/fixed by Windows Defender? Alan...
  3. Notifications that drive are invalid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications that drive are invalid: How do I get rid of notification that D:/ directory is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/notifications-that-drive-are-invalid/4459f907-fdd8-4877-be2b-15b8d5446183
  4. Website notifications keep popping up even after turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Website notifications keep popping up even after turning off: I keep having notifications pop up from different website links even after turning them off in the settings. May I know if anyone has the same issue or knows how to solve this?...
  5. Notifications of messages received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  6. Is My Google Chrome Affected By Malware Or Virus ?

Is My Google Chrome Affected By Malware Or Virus ?: I am using Malwarebytes Premium. Every time I Connect To Internet A Notification Shows That " Website Blocked Due To Fraud " From Malwarebytes. I Added A Screenshot For Details. So What To Do With Chrome. Please Reply Me. [ATTACH]...
  7. virus definitions daily update size

virus definitions daily update size: Recently, the daily update size seems to have jumped from a few MBs tot 40-50 MBs. Is this correct? I use a mobile connection allowing me to use 10GB monthly, so 1,5GB just for virus definitions updates is noticeably restricting my access to the internet. Any suggestions?...
  8. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks Moved from : Apps on Windows 10 / Groove Music...
  9. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...
  10. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks...