Notification - Check virus protection

Discus and support Notification - Check virus protection in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by noels7, Jun 8, 2018.

1. noels7 Win User

Hi

I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection.

Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off.
    Tap or click to see installed antivirus.

After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and Maintenance and advises of installed virus protection off:
    Malwarebytes off
    Webroot SecureAnywhere off
    Windows Defender antivirus off

Clicking on each to turn on results in nothing happening.

I have searched forum, Google and have tried gpedit.msc and searched Settings to try and find a solution.
    I also get : *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

I don't fully understand because I am the Administrator of this computer or am I missing the obvious.

I would be highly appreciative if anyone can assist or advise to rectify this problem.

Noel Southam

:)

noels7, Jun 8, 2018
  2. karinford Win User

Getting message to check virus protection notification

Original Title: check virus protection notification

my virus and malware and firewall and all protection is up and running all the time and i am continually getting notifcations that they are turned off and to check, what is going on?

karinford, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Notification - Check virus protection

Notification - Check virus protection - Similar Threads - Notification Check virus

1. 2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?: Hello-, This is a fairly new PC and i'm not sure if I ever noticed this before but anyone know or see this before? 2 Windows Defender instances running at startup? I installed Emsisoft about a month ago I don't believe that wouldn't have anything to do with it. I only have...
  2. How to stop notifications regarding out of date email settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop notifications regarding out of date email settings.: Hello. I have an HP laptop and a Toshiba laptop; both run Windows 10, so this question concerns both devices. I constantly receive notifications that my GMail settings are out of date - they are not! However, when I follow the links and click "fix problem" I am requested to...
  3. Notification - Check your virus protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification - Check your virus protection: Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus. After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Mail Delays And Sporadic Audio/Banner Notifications: Last week I installed a new hard drive on my computer and re-installed Windows 10. Previously I had used Windows Live Mail, but I changed to the pre-installed Windows 10 Mail program. Since then, I have had delays of up to 30 minutes receiving e-mails, and the audio/banner...
  5. No notification 1803 is available

in Windows 10 Support
    No notification 1803 is available: Hello, Why I dont get a notification that 1803 is available and ready to install for my system? But when I click on "search for updates" 1803 is shown an the update process is starting. Automatic Windows Updates is activated. Nothing is blocked. All other Windows Updates...
  6. No notification that 1803 is available

in Windows 10 Support
    No notification that 1803 is available: Hello, Why I dont get a notification that 1803 is available and ready to install for my system? But when I click on "search for updates" 1803 is shown an the update process is starting. Automatic Windows Updates is activated. Nothing is blocked. All other Windows Updates...
  7. Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on: Since installing the Anniversary update i've been getting these annoying notifications. I run Avast which has all of its components on. I have a big green checkmark with the "You are protected" indicating everything is running. I also turned on "Limited periodic scanning" for...
Notification - Check virus protection solved