Windows 10: Notification - Check your virus protection

Discus and support Notification - Check your virus protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by noels7, Jun 8, 2018.

1. noels7 Win User

Notification - Check your virus protection

Hi

I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection.

Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off.
    Tap or click to see installed antivirus.

After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and Maintenance and advises of installed virus protection off:
    Malwarebytes off
    Webroot SecureAnywhere off
    Windows Defender antivirus off

Clicking on each to turn on results in nothing happening.

I have searched forum, Google and have tried gpedit.msc and searched Settings to try and find a solution.
    I also get : *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

I don't fully understand because I am the Administrator of this computer or am I missing the obvious.

I would be highly appreciative if anyone can assist or advise to rectify this problem.

Noel Southam

:)

noels7, Jun 8, 2018
  2. karinford Win User

Getting message to check virus protection notification

Original Title: check virus protection notification

my virus and malware and firewall and all protection is up and running all the time and i am continually getting notifcations that they are turned off and to check, what is going on?

karinford, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Notification - Check your virus protection

1. Notification - Check your virus protection - Similar Threads - Notification Check virus

2. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  3. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  4. How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications

How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found.Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed?I'm on Windows 10 21H1....
  5. Virus & threat protection notifications This setting is managed by your Adminstrator

Virus & threat protection notifications This setting is managed by your Adminstrator: Do you know which registry to enable Virus & threat protection notificationI am using window 10 20h2sorry for my bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-notifications-this-setting/76c69ce2-beca-4fa7-be60-18e598bed45e
  6. Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification: Hello! I've just re-installed Windows to 1909 been stuck on 1809 for the past year and I have disabled Windows Defender from starting. I simply do not need it, and I personally prefer using Malwarebytes for any virus/malware that gets into my system. However, I don't want...
  7. Windows Virus and Thread Protection Update Notifications

Windows Virus and Thread Protection Update Notifications: I have searched support and I am unable to solve my issue with any method previously posted. I receive multiple threat protection update definition notifications per day. I have tried turning off the notifications using group policies, and that did not work with the current...
  8. Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization

Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization: How do you take that off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/16bc6373-2e9f-4b23-be75-45cfd931b3bf
  9. your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization

your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization: I am getting this red colour text message when i am going in window defender setting. Now i have uninstalled my third party NPAV from my computer but now i am not able to scan windows defender because of this issue. Please suggest me to solve this....
  10. Notification - Check virus protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification - Check virus protection: Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus. After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and...