Windows 10: notification: I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password

Discus and support notification: I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password. I am not having issues and they I don't want to be on any new build... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JackieZangara, Dec 3, 2018.

1. notification: I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password

I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password. I am not having issues and they I don't want to be on any new build program or anything like that. I was and had it removed because of issues and I am afraid if I go to the site they want it will put me back on it. The site just has fix without detail.

:)

JackieZangara, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 share always asks for password

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to know;

• Do you have any other user account or is the issue specific to your user account?
    • Are you able to share after password ?
    Since you have already tried the logical troubleshooting, I would suggest you to make change in the group policy and check the issue. Refer the link below:

Note: The link is for Windows 7 however the same steps has been tested on Windows 10.

Refer Shaon Shan's suggestion:

Network Sharing Failure: Password Protection off still require password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Dec 3, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 3, 2018
  4. soscc Win User

notification: I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password

Windows 10 share always asks for password

i haven't had the opportunity to test the recommendation on the original win 10 problem machine, BUT having the same issue on a win 8.1 pro machine i did what the link suggested and i'm still asked for a user id and password. i put the correct id and password
    in and it loops back around saying the id and password is incorrect. i also get the same thing when using the guest id that i turned on. i can access this machine from other win 7, 8, 8.1 and linux machines WITHOUT entering a user id and password which proves
    that password protected sharing is off. this machine is a not part of a home group. i really need some answers to this issue as it is causing a lot of problems with sharing on the network.

soscc, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

notification: I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password

1. notification: I keep getting asked to go to share and fix problem, it may be your password - Similar Threads - notification keep getting

2. Wifi keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi keeps asking for password: Wifi keeps asking for password everytime i shut down my computer. Someone in my company took my computer after it didnt connect to company network and did something to connect i dont know what it is. Even though i searched for solutions it didnt work for me....
  3. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off: I'm so sick of this happening. When I first boot up both my machines, I have network access no problem, and can open folders on the other machine. After a while, it starts asking me for a password, even though that requirement isn't selected. If, as some MVPs have averred on...
  4. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  5. I keep getting a box asking me to enter my password

I keep getting a box asking me to enter my password: This box appears constantly and I cant send e mails without completing it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-a-box-asking-me-to-enter-my/dc4e5968-8806-4f0d-998c-ee1de38f3815
  6. Why does Microsfoft keep asking me to fix my password in shared experiences ? I changed my...

Why does Microsfoft keep asking me to fix my password in shared experiences ? I changed my...: Why does Microsoft keep asking me to fix my password in shared experiences ? I changed my password and Microsoft already verified my ID. This seems to go on continuously and it's annoying....
  7. I keep getting a notification from Microsoft saying they need to fix a problem in shared...

I keep getting a notification from Microsoft saying they need to fix a problem in shared...: When I try to enter my gmail password they say wrong password, not recognized. I don't know much about shared experience but I was once told others could see my info. Is this true? Also I have no idea what Microsoft wants for a password....
  8. Shared experience account I cannot delete which keeps asking for a fix

Shared experience account I cannot delete which keeps asking for a fix: I have, under shared experience, Accounts, some of your accounts need fixing, and when I click fix now, it brings me to a Commonwealth of Massacusetts account. xxxxx,*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I was an employee of the Commonwealth but retired last month....
  9. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...
  10. Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password

Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password: I have windows 10 pro 64 bit on my laptop and i want to share a folder to another laptop via wifi, but every time i try to connect from the other laptop it always ask for a username and a password but the laptop doesnt have any password, so i turned off password protected...