Windows 10: Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor

Discus and support Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just recently upgraded from 23.7" Acer to 28" 4k Samsung monitor using Display Port for the 28" and HDMI for the 23" - After Windows restarted to apply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CB_Hedricks, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor

Just recently upgraded from 23.7" Acer to 28" 4k Samsung monitor using Display Port for the 28" and HDMI for the 23" - After Windows restarted to apply setting changes the Notifications and the square background they show up on in the system tray always opens with 1/3 of the area below the task bar, covered. This used to work just fine, floated the window just above the taskbar as it should.

I can not find any settings or adjustments that will change the positioning of the notification pop-up so I am unsure just how to proceed to fix this issue.

Any thoughts?

Charles.

:)

CB_Hedricks, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 21, 2018
  3. akumajou Win User
    Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon

Surprised I can't find any posts about this annoying problem. When auto-hide the taskbar is enabled, the tooltip (e.g., "No new notifications") for the notifications icon covers the icon. This results in having to click twice to open the Action Center. Is there any way to fix this?

akumajou, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor

1. Notification ICONS below taskbar (partialy covered) on 4k monitor - Similar Threads - Notification ICONS below

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. disappearing notifications and notification icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disappearing notifications and notification icons on the taskbar: after installing KB5003173, 2 Intel driver updates via Windows Update, a .NET update KB5003254, and KB5003214, my notification area of the taskbar comes up blank with no icons. There are no notification icons or hidden information. If I move the taskbar to the top of the...
  6. Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor: Hi everyone, can someone please help me, my taskbar seems to be playing up on my 4K Monitor. When the taskbar is in either top or bottom position the system icons are corrupt/overlaid, then they seem to shift off screen. I have done a clean reinstall of the graphics drivers...
  7. Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop not covering second monitor's taskbar: When maximized on the first monitor, the local computer's taskbar stays on top on the second. This isn't the case if I maximize it on my second monitor. Has anyone else had this issue since the last Windows update? submitted by /u/asdfasdff3wer [link] [comments]...
  8. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon: Surprised I can't find any posts about this annoying problem. When auto-hide the taskbar is enabled, the tooltip (e.g., "No new notifications") for the notifications icon covers the icon. This results in having to click twice to open the Action Center. Is there any way to fix...