Windows 10: Notification icons keep shifting left and right with a flashing effect

Discus and support Notification icons keep shifting left and right with a flashing effect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With all my searching I haven't found this specific issue posted by anyone else. My issue is with a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mrgarci, Jan 9, 2019.

1. mrgarci Win User

Notification icons keep shifting left and right with a flashing effect

With all my searching I haven't found this specific issue posted by anyone else. My issue is with a Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop running Windows 10 with latest updates as of Jan. 9, 2019. The specific issue is that the Task Bar notifications area icons shift position left and right continually, including a white bar on the right that flashes with each shift. The people icon, show hidden icons up arrow, and three other notification icons are the ones shifting. When timing it perfect to click on the hidden icons up arrow during a shift, the hidden icons will also show on the display and also shift left and right continually. From time to time the shifting stops, but always eventually comes back. It's not obvious why it starts or stops. This has been going on for a couple of months. I tried everything I can think of or is recommended online for other non-similar notification area issues, including virus scans, updating drivers, windows updates, turning off startup processes in case of conflicts, playing with notification settings, >chkdisk, >sfc /Scannow, >dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and resetting the notification area via the registry. Nothing so far works for me. I'm looking for some more suggestions to get rid of this irritating problem. Can someone help? Thanks. Bye the way, this laptop is my wife's. She's non-technical and can't remember what she might have been doing with the laptop when she first noticed the problem.

:)

mrgarci, Jan 9, 2019

2. My Desktop Icons shift to the left edge on a weekly basis

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to get more information regarding the issue that you re facing.

Does that mean that you customize the icons on the desktop and it will auto arrange to the left side of the desktop?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uncheck the option
    Align icons to the Grid
    option. To do so,

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to the Grid option.
    Hope the information helps if the issue still persists, reply with the more information regarding the issue that you are facing. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    System Icons in Taskbar Bouncing Left and Right?

Hi Rob002,

There might be an application running on and off in the system's background that's why taskbar icons are rearranging from time to time. May we know the result after you perform a clean boot? Also may we ask for a screenshot of your taskbar.

In the meantime, can you try to toggle on Always show all icons in the notification area option in Windows settings. Kindly follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    2. Choose Personalization.
    3. Click Taskbar.
    4. Under Notification area, press Select which icons will appear on the taskbar.
    5. Toggle on Always show all icons in the notification area.

After performing the steps above, check if issue persists.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Notification icons keep shifting left and right with a flashing effect

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Notification icons keep shifting left and right with a flashing effect

1. Notification icons keep shifting left and right with a flashing effect - Similar Threads - Notification icons keep

2. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  3. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  4. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  5. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  6. Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up: My left shift used to be the key that I used for typing in capitals, however, after cleaning my keyboard with my computer on, oops, now my right shift is the only one that can be used to type capitals, does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  7. Notification icons bouncing left and right

Notification icons bouncing left and right: My notification icons are bouncing left and right. Not the time itself, but the icons left of the date & time. I will post what I have tried in an attempt to resolve, and the system details about the computer. * I have a clean fresh install of Windows 10 as an attempt...
  8. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left: Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am using recommended display setting . Two photos on different dates. [ATTACH] [IMG] please help with the solution!...
  9. shifting icons in notification tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    shifting icons in notification tray: I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All...
  10. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new windows 10 dell inspiron taskbar icons flashing left and right

2. windows 10 taskbar icon area flashing left and right

3. icon on taskbar bouncing left and right

4. notification icons keep bouncing windows 10