Windows 10: Notification Icons Not Working Properly

Discus and support Notification Icons Not Working Properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this is a small problem, but it's really been bugging me and I've been unsuccessful in figuring out the problem. When the popup notifications in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashlander, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Ashlander Win User

Notification Icons Not Working Properly

I know this is a small problem, but it's really been bugging me and I've been unsuccessful in figuring out the problem. When the popup notifications in Windows 10 show up, such as the auto-play ones when you put in a disk or a USB drive, they don't display the relevant icon, just the colored background box (see pic below). The autoplay itself is fully functional and works fine, it's just the icons. I'm not sure if the problem affects all apps or program that show icons on their notifications, but I'm assuming it does since, the app icons at the bottom of the "Settings -> System -> Notifications and Actions" screen were displayed the same way. I reset windows, and this seemed to fix the icons in that settings screen, but not the notification pop-up icons. In the case of autoplay notifications, it is not dependent on the disk, as it does the same for any disk or drive inserted or mounted. I've spent about 2 hours online with Microsoft support using remote access and they couldn't figure it out, so I'm hoping someone here has seen (and hopefully solved) this problem.

Some of the things I've tried:
    Restarting (obviously)
    Creating new user (problem persisted)
    Resetting the PC (deleted all files, without cleaning the drive. problem persisted)
    I believe the support guy tried doing something with the registry, and he also tried updating my GPU drivers (which were already up to date)

Notification Icons Not Working Properly [​IMG]

Any tips on fixing this would be much appreciated.

:)

Ashlander, Jan 20, 2016
  2. SahilSahu Win User

windows 10 notification icon is not working

after sometimeof running the windws 10 notification icon in the taskbar is not working properly

SahilSahu, Jan 20, 2016
  3. rumpl14 Win User
    Win 10 - Sound Icon Missing in Desktop Mode

The sound is working properly on my PC and I have the latest drivers installed. However, the Sound icon is missing from the task bar notification area when using desktop mode. If I switch to tablet mode, the sound icon displays properly and I can control
    the volume or mute the sound. What must I do to get the Sound icon to display on the task bar notification area when in desktop mode? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

rumpl14, Jan 20, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

The same happens to me sometimes, but it's pink for me instead of orange. Must be something video driver related I guess.

eLPuSHeR, Jan 20, 2016
  5. Ashlander Win User
    It's orange because I have the Windows color set to orange. (actually set to auto based on the desktop image)

Also, both my video drivers (Intel and 960m) are up to date.

Ashlander, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Notification Icons Not Working Properly - Similar Threads - Notification Icons Working

2. Icons not working properly after KB5030310

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not working properly after KB5030310: I have my computer windows 11 operating system set up to automatically load updates. Recently my computer was updated with 2023-09 Cumulative update preview for Windows 11 version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5030310 - September 28th and 2023-09 Cumulative update for Windows...
  3. Icons not working properly after KB5030310

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not working properly after KB5030310: I have my computer windows 11 operating system set up to automatically load updates. Recently my computer was updated with 2023-09 Cumulative update preview for Windows 11 version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5030310 - September 28th and 2023-09 Cumulative update for Windows...
  4. Notifications not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications not working properly: On windows 10 1809 i dont get any notifications for example from discord or windows defender or even snipping tool. does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  5. Notifications not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications not working properly: On windows 10 1809 i dont get any notifications for example from discord or windows defender or even snipping tool. does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  6. disappearing notifications and notification icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disappearing notifications and notification icons on the taskbar: after installing KB5003173, 2 Intel driver updates via Windows Update, a .NET update KB5003254, and KB5003214, my notification area of the taskbar comes up blank with no icons. There are no notification icons or hidden information. If I move the taskbar to the top of the...
  7. notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    notification icon: After a windows 10 update, I can't figure out how to get the speech bubble notification icon to show up on toolbar in right bottom corner. If I swipe up from corner it appears, but I'd like to have the bubble back. 137108
  8. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  9. Safely Remove Icon not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove Icon not working properly: Hello Everybody! I'm new here. I just upgraded to Windows 10 1511 (November Update), and saw the new (modernized) Safely Remove icon in the system tray - and the problem, it's not working properly. Here's my screenshot: [img] Whereas before: [img] (I know,...
  10. Lockscreen Icons/Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockscreen Icons/Notifications: Hi there. I find an oddity on my Windows 10 lockcreen. It shows an opened envelope at the bottom left, along with a number that seems to increase. It drives me crazy. Right now it's 99+. In my inbox online there are only 2 messages. There is nothing in any of the other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the notification icons are not displaying correctly

2. bluetooth icon not work properly in notification