Windows 10: Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

Discus and support Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past year that I've had my laptop, I've always been greeted a few minutes after login with a notification that reads: "View firewall options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kat Jakeman, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

For the past year that I've had my laptop, I've always been greeted a few minutes after login with a notification that reads:

"View firewall options

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options."

I get a similar message from McAfee WebAdvisor every time I open my browser.

Going to the McAfee LiveSafe app reveals that my firewall is actually on.

***Modified Title from: “View firewall options” notification every time I log in.***

:)

Kat Jakeman, Jun 5, 2019
  2. JimWynne Win User

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

You should get rid of the McAfee software completely, as it will sooner or later lead to grief (if it hasn't already). The built-in Windows Defender and firewall should be all you need.

JimWynne, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options".

But I go to Windows Security, under in Firewall & network protection it says "no actions needed" ... and "Firewall is on".

So what gives? How do I stop this silly message appearing?

drmrbrewer, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

McAfee firewall turns itself off

I have a Dell laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I received an update on 2/11/16. Since then my McAfee firewall turns off on its on and I have to manually turn it on again every time.

It makes no difference if the MS Windows Defender firewall is on or not. The McAfee firewall just does its on thing.

McAfee told me they could not help because I was using a Verizon Hotspot. It isn't a public hotspot, it is my own personal one.

So kind of wondering what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard A.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

RichardAnderon, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

1. Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned... - Similar Threads - Notification message every

2. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  3. Windows Firewall gives notification in every restart/sign-in to turn it on

Windows Firewall gives notification in every restart/sign-in to turn it on: Hi, I am using Win 10 1703 and installed SentinalOne firewall in my system. After installing, this will turn off the windows firewall . but I got notification in Action center, on every restart and sign-in notifies that"Turn on windows Firewall". [ATTACH] I need to...
  4. How to turn on every Windows firewall notification?

How to turn on every Windows firewall notification?: So, here's a new question for almost everyone on this forum: How do I turn on every single notification from Windows firewall before it makes any rash decisions based on "this program is a part of Windows, it should automatically be allowed to access the internet."? It would...
  5. Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows [...] This post...
  6. firewall turned off showing on every boot

firewall turned off showing on every boot: windows 10 gives windows firewall & mcafee firewall both are turned off on every boot but its not actually turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-turned-off-showing-on-every-boot/a24b9d5e-02f6-42fd-acc7-b216faa8497e"
  7. Windows firewall/McAfee

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall/McAfee: It says my Windows firewall is controlled my vendor McAfee. I don't have McAfee. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewallmcafee/9e4e843a-5cdc-4c3e-856b-3fbc6304a666
  8. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  9. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off.": Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says: "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options" Clicking it asks me if I want to turn on either one. Why does this...
  10. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.: Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repeated notification that comodo firewallis turned off

2. firewall and avg anitvirus are both turned off

3. why is my laptop notifying me that my windows firewall is turned

4. when i boot my pc it shows turn on windows firewall ,
  5. How to disable Windows 10 1809 firewall notification,
  6. windows firewall notifications 1809 disable,
  7. use both defender and mcafee firewall,
  8. mcafee firewall warning on every reboot,
  9. your windows and mcfee firewall are turned off