Windows 10: notification of update in progress

Discus and support notification of update in progress in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Surely there is a method that shows that an update is in progress on the computer making it impossible to use until update and restart have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by klaro 1590, Sep 30, 2021.

1. notification of update in progress

Surely there is a method that shows that an update is in progress on the computer making it impossible to use until update and restart have been completed. How to see this notification?

:)

klaro 1590, Sep 30, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Sep 30, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Sep 30, 2021
  4. gerryex Win User

notification of update in progress

LONG update with NO notification or progress indicator!!

Here's my update history and the long no-notification update occurred on 7/21. I have an SSD as my main boot drive and where Win 10 sits so my system is rather speedy.

I have seen this many times before but I just keep hoping with each new release of Win 10 it will improve. IT HASN'T! I did change the option so maybe I'll a least get a notification next time.

Gerry

gerryex, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

notification of update in progress

1. notification of update in progress - Similar Threads - notification update progress

2. Firmware update not progressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update not progressing: How long should it take to update firmware on Windows 10? My laptop has been updating for at least five hours with no discernible progress. Flash progress has been at 0% the whole time. The notification on the screen warns against powering down.Thanks...
  3. Firmware update not progressing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware update not progressing: How long should it take to update firmware on Windows 10? My laptop has been updating for at least five hours with no discernible progress. Flash progress has been at 0% the whole time. The notification on the screen warns against powering down.Thanks...
  4. Firmware update not progressing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  6. Update installation progress.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update installation progress.: Hello. I'm downloading an update right now and it stuck at 5% for 5 minutes and then jumped to 81%. Is this a normal event? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-installation-progress/39d4e753-c7c3-443b-b7ea-4a41927f73b6
  7. Update in progress, no update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update in progress, no update: Hi, I have been having some issues with Windows update and I was hoping to get some advice. I have a icon showing that theres a update in progress but when I open the updates it says I am up to date. I have tried restarting Windows update, restarting into safe mode,...
  8. Winlogon not showing update progress

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Winlogon not showing update progress: Today I accidentally clicked 'forgot password?' when logging in to windows, and after exiting that prompt because I didn't forgot my password, winlogon now always messages the same text, namely: "hang on..." translated from dutch, it could be something different. It is at...
  9. LONG update with NO notification or progress indicator!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    LONG update with NO notification or progress indicator!!: Hi ALL, I've complained about this before yet MS persists in having Win 10 do very long updates with no notification and no progress indicator. I just got upgraded to the Creator Edition and it took about an hour and succeeded without incident. I've been using it for a day...
  10. Unexpected update - no notification and no progress indicator

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unexpected update - no notification and no progress indicator: Hi ALL, I have the Win 10 Ann Ed running and the other day a notification came up that updates were ready and a restart was needed. I selected to restart now and it went through its routine including a percentage progress indicator during shutdown, another percentage...