Windows 10: Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

Discus and support Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has started using Chromium as the base for Edge and the redesigned browser is already available for Windows 10. While Google Google seemed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

Microsoft has started using Chromium as the base for Edge and the redesigned browser is already available for Windows 10. While Google Google seemed to be all supportive of this move and it welcomed Microsoft’s contribution, some of the apps produced by Google are not working in Microsoft Chromium Edge.

Earlier this month, many users noticed that Google’s messaging service, Hangouts Meet, stopped working on Microsoft Edge. If you open Meet in Edge, it will prompt you to download Chrome or Firefox. However, Google denied the allegations and the company told media publications that the reality is different.

Google says Meet only works with whitelisted browsers and the company hasn’t whitelisted new Edge since it is in pre-release stage. As per Google spokesperson, Meet should work in Edge again when the browser is generally available.

“With the recent release of developer previews for Edge, we are thrilled to be able to offer a new preview experience of Hangouts Meet, and we plan to officially support it once it becomes generally available,” Google was quoted as saying.

Google Docs is also not supported

Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge Google-Docs-error-in-Edge.jpg

It turns out that not just Google Meet, but Google Docs is also not supported by Microsoft Chromium Edge.

If you open Google Docs in Microsoft Chromium Edge, the browser displays an error message stating that Edge is not supported by Google. The list of supported browsers include Microsoft Edge, but it appears to be the classic Edge.

Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge Google-Docs-supported-browser.jpg

Google Docs could be using user-agent sniffing to display the notification on browsers that are not whitelisted. As Chromium Edge is in pre-release, Google hasn’t whitelisted the browser yet. If you change the user-agent in Chromium Edge, the error goes away.

The post Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 30, 2019

2. Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Uninstall Chromium on Windows 10

I have Windows 10 home, tried your instructions and they Didn't work. Chromium isn't listed in add and remove programs. Searched all files and folders and it came up with nothing. I had short cut listed in my start menu, if clicked on it opened Google
    chrome! I went to task manager where Chromium was listed, and right clicked on it and brought up, open file location. It found the file, it had Chromium and its other file contents. I clicked on delete Chromium and I deleted all the other contents of the
    file. Clicked on the shortcut said the file was gone, deleted shortcut and now I guess its gone!

Googling Chromium says it isn't spyware or a virus just a version of google chrome. Open source code that was used to make Google Chrome. When I opened it, it went to Google. I appreciated your reply. Now I guess if I want to use it I'll just download
    Google Chrome. I already have Edge, IE11, And Firefox.

william3780, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Craig Win User

Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

I wonder if Edge with Chromium base will be good enough to use instead of pure Google Chrome when it is released...Didn't microsoft say it will still have edge like features in it? If it does, i would think it wouldn't be the same as pure Chrome...or could it? *Wink

Craig, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Notification says Google Docs is not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge - Similar Threads - Notification says Google

2. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  3. Making Google Translate work with Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making Google Translate work with Microsoft Edge Chromium: Is it anyhow possible to make translation popups of Google translate work in Edge Chromium? Edge, like all the other Chromium derivatives, doesn't handle double tapping/double touch which is the key to select a word and thus bring up the translation popup. Thinking in mouse...
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. Edge/Chromium Hevc support

Edge/Chromium Hevc support: I have recently installed microsofts newest Browser... but when i watch netflix trough chromium or trough the netflix store app.. the image ( the blackest parts are pix-elated ). i also installed the HEVC support for devices from the store... Does someone also experiance...
  7. New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In

in Browsers and Email
    New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In: Trying out the new Chromium Edge and it won't let me sign into anything google. Keeps coming up with the following error. I have checked all the settings and everything looks ok. Hope someone can help.Thanks in advance. [img] 149287
  8. Syncing Edge Chromium with Google account

Syncing Edge Chromium with Google account: Hello, How can I sync Edge Chromium with my Google account and automatically sync bookmarks and extensions? My goal is use browsers interchangeable with Google account synced and have bookmarks and extensions in sync in both browsers. Is this possible? I enabled external...
  9. Edge Chromium Java support

Edge Chromium Java support: Why is the feature to open a page in IE not present, since the Edge based on Chromium doesn't run Java? submitted by /u/Mic_sne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dazdv9/edge_chromium_java_support/
  10. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge. Earlier today, users...